Gregorian type dish

frankg4553

Regular Member
Messages
72
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
1 metre Channel Master with matched feedhorn + Inverto 0.3dB lnb.

1224 H to H motor ground mounted.
Technomate 5400CI+ USB and
v-box
My Location
Wirral
#1
Has anyone any knowledge or experience of 'the 'Wave Frontier 90cm Toroidal' dish...it's a Gregorian type dish which can have up to 14 LNB's!!..are they any good or just a gimick?

thanks

Frank :)
 

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,713
Likes
1,288
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
#2
Do a search in this section for wave frontier and several threads will materialise. :)

A couple of our members have used them, not sure whether they are using them now though.
 

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Messages
1,752
Likes
5
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
#3
I had one and it performs like a 80cm dish on +-15 degrees from center, after that about 55cm dish on the edges.

The quality is "low" on the hardware, Made in Taiwan crap.....

But it works for what it does, i have heard in windy areas the dish gets weak after a year or two in the metal and gets pretty flimsy so some ppl have bought new ones.
 

wod

Specialist Contributor
Messages
4,214
Likes
235
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
#4
hello i thought you was going to get the channel master dish that you was discussing on the other forum ?
 

frankg4553

Regular Member
Messages
72
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
1 metre Channel Master with matched feedhorn + Inverto 0.3dB lnb.

1224 H to H motor ground mounted.
Technomate 5400CI+ USB and
v-box
My Location
Wirral
#5
wod said:
hello i thought you was going to get the channel master dish that you was discussing on the other forum ?
Hi Wod...yes that's my no.1 choice but just trying to glean as much info as possible to make sure I don't miss out on anything. Only way to learn a new subject is to read up and ask as many questions as you can to get a better idea before leaping :).

Frank
 

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Messages
1,752
Likes
5
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
#6
Living in the UK as you do i see why you don't go for a Wavefrontier.

The satellites beams are so tight focused on central europe compared to what we have here in the northern parts of Sweden.

For the UK i would buy a T90 any day without doubts.
 

frankg4553

Regular Member
Messages
72
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
1 metre Channel Master with matched feedhorn + Inverto 0.3dB lnb.

1224 H to H motor ground mounted.
Technomate 5400CI+ USB and
v-box
My Location
Wirral
#7
Likvid said:
Living in the UK as you do i see why you don't go for a Wavefrontier.

The satellites beams are so tight focused on central europe compared to what we have here in the northern parts of Sweden.

For the UK i would buy a T90 any day without doubts.
Hi Likvid and Wod, I've spoken to the boss (wife) and we have decided to ground mount the dish...which makes things much easier :)
So it's definately going to be the 90cm or the 1 metre Channel Master .....just got to decide on the Polarmount or the 1224 H to H motor:)

Frank
 

wod

Specialist Contributor
Messages
4,214
Likes
235
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
#8
well it depends on what you want as you can get the 1224 motor for 85 quid plus shipping from germany

the polar mount is hard to track down, they are not made any more so its find places with some stock left as i would like one of these for my 90cm one as it has to go high up so want to save on the weight as the 1224 motor is quite heavy but built to last though

i would get the 1metre version, i only got mine as it was a last minute buy on ebay as it was going cheap.

also you will need the matching feedhorn and a c120 lnb for the dish to get the best out of it
 

frankg4553

Regular Member
Messages
72
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
1 metre Channel Master with matched feedhorn + Inverto 0.3dB lnb.

1224 H to H motor ground mounted.
Technomate 5400CI+ USB and
v-box
My Location
Wirral
#9
wod said:
well it depends on what you want as you can get the 1224 motor for 85 quid plus shipping from germany

the polar mount is hard to track down, they are not made any more so its find places with some stock left as i would like one of these for my 90cm one as it has to go high up so want to save on the weight as the 1224 motor is quite heavy but built to last though

i would get the 1metre version, i only got mine as it was a last minute buy on ebay as it was going cheap.

also you will need the matching feedhorn and a c120 lnb for the dish to get the best out of it
Thanks Wod..some good info there, especially about the feedhorn etc. Have you tried Satellite Superstore (hope it's ok to mention this) for the Polarmount..surely they must sell them.

Frank
 

Lancelot

Specialist Contributor
Messages
3,638
Likes
8
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
#10
Yep it's OK to mention them, they do have them but as always seem a bit on the pricey side. £90 + del.


L.:)
 

wod

Specialist Contributor
Messages
4,214
Likes
235
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
#11
yes 120 for it with the actuator is abit steep considering the 1224, adapter plate, vbox shipped to uk will be around 125 approx _http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en_index.es
 
Top