Grundig Box Problems

A

acs1

I have had sky installed for about 9 months now and we started having problems with our Amstrad box not coming out of standby etc....this was replaced by a grundig box by sky, we then found that this box would switch to interactive every five mins or so and would not allow us to use sky box office over the telephone line, with a error message saying "ensure that a telephone line is connected" even though in the system test it says that there is a line connected. Spoke to sky and they sent out an engineer which replaced the box yet again for another grundig box but different model...and in silver (which impressed the missus) This box again will give us the same problems with sky digital and another fault has appeared that when using RGB mode on my DVD player it will not output RGB to the TV although the other boxes did......!!

Any help appreciated

Adam

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Adam, it would appear that the Grundig boxes suffer more problems with the latest software than the other makes. Not really sure what can be done with the box, other than replacement that is.

Your best bet in my view is to badger Sky until they provide you with a Pace or Panasonic box, you are still within the 12 month period, so now is the time to do it. Tell them that if the problems are not resolved, you are cancelling your payments and switching over to cable, that may be enough to galvanise them into action.

Not so sure about the RGB problem, I haven't tried the loopthrough with my DVD player. The other problems may of course be addressed when the new cards are issued, there may be some conflict at present which these will rectify.

A

acs1

After a long, unhelpful, discussion with Sky I managed to get them to send an engineer out but as for the digibox she said that I had to ask the engineer on the day for a specific make of box...
Very difficult for her to even allow that!!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Grundigs also appear to have more than their fair share of hardware troubles (our secretary has been plagued by lack of response ovr a PSU fault)

So badger them until you get something else - not a Pace though please

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Had no problems with my pace boxes CH, but I'd agree that the Panasonic is a better box.

@ acs1, try and get the first service call of the day when the guy rings you, or at least ask then for a non Grundig replacement. Unfortunately it seems to be a bit hit and miss as to which box is given as a replacement.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Why not Pace ?

Simply for the 13 month build quality. Satcure seems to have made a decent living on PSU repair kits and upgrades for Pace models over the years.