guildford

ra36uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Just a 37 inch lcd with sky hd.
My Location
farnborough
Looking for a straight install to receive hotbird. I believe a sky minidish would do the trick, is that correct?
I already have a freesat box do just need a dish get it put up , preferrably on the roof, and a single lnb. Cabling from dish to telly would probably be about 5 or 6 metres worth. I know that engineers do freesat for about 80 quid, how much for this?
Thanks, hope to do business.
Ron

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It can be done for about 80 quid if you use the same dish used by Freesat installers.

You won't get quite the same percentage of viewing time from 13 East as it is a group of satellites putting down different signal levels into the country. You are almost certainly guaranteed more channels though in good weather.

If you have a preference of channel content then that might nail down the dish size.

Also, just how have you have managed to calculate the cable length to under 20' ?

bokkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tosh 42xv505d with sky hd
My Location
surrey
I just wanted whatever I can get on 13e. I know there is sky italia, some french tv, etc. I calculated the length by looking at where the dish would more than likely go and where my telly is. It might be a tiny bit more but I don't think it would be.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
OK, the usual questions then.

What type of property ? Description of roof, access etc

Is it your property, or rented ?

Which Freesat receiver (as some will not get non freesat/Astra 2 channels)

bokkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tosh 42xv505d with sky hd
My Location
surrey
mid terraced property. Pitched roof with easy access from the front of the house. We have stairs down from the path to the front door so very easy access to the roof from the path in front of the house.I own the property.
I'm looking at an open source receiver. Maybe an Eagle box, Dream box or something similar. Cheap and cheerful as it'll mainly only be for weekend use as I have sky already.