Ha*cked Mac OS X runs on PC

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Imagine if your next Mac cost you only $300, and ran faster than any G4 or G5 you've ever used.

That future may already be unfolding: Hackers have found a way to bypass a chip designed to prevent the Mac OS from running on non-Apple PCs, which are often cheaper than Macs.

More...

Wake up and smell the coffee

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Any OS will run on any PC (with adequate speed and mem) even in a virtual window,I do it all the time,I have tried the Mac OS and its OK but I get by with 2000 as my root OS and run Linux and DOS as VM's exclusivly as Linux has too many bugs to go as root system.
The hacked Mac10 OS is widely available as a Torrent and about 1.3 gigs as downloaded and 6 gigs as a bootable ISO file and runs fine in a VM window under Win2000.

SeeAll.jpg

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Surely running under Virtual Machine must carry a heavy overhead ?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
rolfw said:
Surely running under Virtual Machine must carry a heavy overhead ?

Yes, but the h*cked OS runs native!

I have seen it running and it's just superb - wonder how many PC user will try it and love it?

You can have a dual boot machine.

Use VPC here and it runs just great as well - dual processor Mac can handle it no problems - as fast as the PC I use at work.

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Hi
ROLWF and gang! :) the overhead is exactly what you make it when creating the VM and Yes,this will run from the HD as native too Im just running the iso.file from a VM and no its not slow if you give it the CPU/MEM it needs.
These are OS's so really you would give the one you were using most the most computer,the thing is that you dont have to even install it to run it this way in a VM. I have ran just about all of them in VM's from iso files with no problems crashing or drivers because it will grab a driver from the root OS if needed. Its really fun to play with.Im running VMware Workstation 5 and its stable as a rock and has handled everything from DR-DOS to Linux and Tiger Mac 10 (X)OS. VMware will also let you actually install a guest OS on the hard drive if you choose,handy if you find one you want to keep..

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
hi all :)

kalamar one of your posts indicated my ip address and isp etc and said patch that operating system up. i thought it was, so do i need something else to protect my system? i have seen this sort of freely available info before on sites that detect your ip etc but how do you stop this information getting out unless you want it to? You obviously are running some kind of script to do this in your post , very clever :D

steelrose

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S
Offset dish 2.10m with 2 lnb point at astra, hotbird
Hi.I tried to d/l it from bt but i was soon found by B*A.Be careful

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
steelrose said:
Hi.I tried to d/l it from bt but i was soon found by B*A.Be careful

maybe you should be using peerguardian?
"
PeerGuardian for Windows 2000/XP/2003 v2.0 Beta 6a

PeerGuardian is a tiny IP blocker program especially designed for P2P software users, but also to anyone who is concerned about the investigations that corporations and authorities perform on the internet. PeerGurdian blocks connections for the configured IP ranges and logs the blocked connections. It uses blocklists for the blocking, but IP ranges can also be configured manually. Pre-cofigured for blocking are RIAA, MPAA and many others. "

http://methlabs.org/projects/