Hadu question

Tip Top

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC using DVBViewer
My Location
England
Hello, hope someone can answer this question...

I have a DM800 acting as a CCam server to my DVBViewer recording service. All clients are local to my home network - no internet c/s. I use hadu on my DVBViewer recording service to access my card server but everyonce in a while the picture on subscription channels pixellates or freezes, almost as if there is a poor signal, which there isn't. I dont have this problem on FTA channels. Does anyone have any tips for fixing this?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A common problem where there is a slow key update when the keys change.

Tip Top

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC using DVBViewer
My Location
England
Would the answer then be to have the DM800switched on and tuned to a pay channel then? Usually I have it in standby but never have any pixellation on the DM.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The only sure fire way is not to use cards sharing of any kind!

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
I had this setup when at home, worked very well! The problem could be with the DM800 settings as it might not be getting the key quick enough to share it or you could be using Wifi so Hadu isn't getting the key quick enough

Tip Top

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC using DVBViewer
My Location
England
Analoguesat said:
The only sure fire way is not to use cards sharing of any kind!

Do you know what, I fully agree with you! The problem I have is that I want to use a HTPC as it gives me total flexibility and allows me to pipe TV all around my house using my PC network.

The pay operator I use however restricts use of their cards to their dedicated STBs only - if I could use a legal card and CAM I would be satisfied. Happy to pay a premium for that facility too. It's the "walled garden" approach that my pay TV operator uses that forces me into the DM + Hadu route. I'd far rather have a legal card and CAM that I could plug into my PC.

Tip Top

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC using DVBViewer
My Location
England
I've solved my own problem and thought I would share the solution. I had been using Hadu as a plugin on my DVBViewer Recording Service. By using the plugin on each local copy of DVBViewer instead I now have no more glitches.