Hard Disk for Relook 400

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax motorised from 28.2e to 30w, relook 400, dreambox 7020, DM500, skystar1, nokia 9500,humax FTA, full 7.1 home cinema

xp4600+ @2.7GHz(aircooled) , 4.5TB HDD, 4GB SDRAM, Dual 8800
My Location
Belfast
just bought one of these babies at £275 from some German site. cheaper than the dreambox 7020 which is hard to believe.

anyways i now need a hard disk. i take it, like the dreambox an ordinary IDE drive will NOT do and i will need one that draws as little power as possible. can anyone recommend a good size HDD around 300GB that will fit into the 400.

cheers

big sinky

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
It's a great receiver, the best i ever had...

I would look at the Samsung Spinpoint series as they are suited for Multimedia purposes, there is no problem to use up a 400GB HD if you want.

You can read all HD reviews here:

_www.storagereview.com

This model i recommend:

Samsung SpinPoint V120CE HA250JC

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax motorised from 28.2e to 30w, relook 400, dreambox 7020, DM500, skystar1, nokia 9500,humax FTA, full 7.1 home cinema

My Location
Belfast
thanks for that Likvid. just getting to grips with the 7020 at the moment but at the price the german comapny was doing the relook and the strength of the pound against the euro it was a bit of a steal. i will look at the hard drives, but like the dreambox can you stream video to an external HDD in your PC. seems like a waste not to use the 1.8TB of disk space i have on my PC. I have just managed to do this with CIFS on my dreambox. do any of the images for the 400 have this capability?

cheers

sinky

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
It's coming soon according to DGS.

They are releasing new images at a very good speed and tend to respond very fast to new requests and bugs discovered.

There is a limit for an example of just 20 satellites to be configured per tuner, next release they have promised the maximum of 64 sats per tuner.

The list can go on and on, i would never buy a Dreambox again due to the fact that their hardware suck!

Just look at the price of the new Dreambox 7025s, 599 euro, compare that to the Relook and you might get an idea how brutal their prices, Dreambox still use a cheap plastic chassi, cheap components.....

What about the nice VFD 13 characters display that Relook have, the Dreambox got some cheap small display at the right....

Not to mention the nice design and the aluminium chassi of Relook...

I guess they have priced the Relook on the market low due to the fact they want to take a larger market share, brilliant move.....

This receiver would easily cost 600 euro on the market..

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Belfast
are you still using the official image or using one of the new "unofficial" ones. if so what one do you recommend. i will ask these questions now in anticipation of the box arriving in the new year.

thanks for all the help

cheers

sinky

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
bigsinky said:
are you still using the official image or using one of the new "unofficial" ones. if so what one do you recommend. i will ask these questions now in anticipation of the box arriving in the new year.

thanks for all the help

cheers

sinky

I am using the latest Rudbox image which is based on the official 1.20 image as i need the EMU and cardsharing abilities......

Zipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ARCAM AVR 600,ARCAM DV137 ,B&W CM1'S FRONT,B&W AS2 SUB, B&W MINI THEATERS MT1'S CENTRE & REARS,DM8000HD PVR,REELBOX AVG I , ,TECHNISAT DIGICORDER HD S2X,PIONEER KRL37V KURO,PANASONIC TX37LZD800,SKY HD MULTIROOM ,H
My Location
THe PLaNET GWaCO!
bigsinky said:
just bought one of these babies at £275 from some German site. cheaper than the dreambox 7020 which is hard to believe.

anyways i now need a hard disk. i take it, like the dreambox an ordinary IDE drive will NOT do and i will need one that draws as little power as possible. can anyone recommend a good size HDD around 300GB that will fit into the 400.

cheers

big sinky

Should of bought mine Stinky about a week old only reason selling it got my reelbox lite here now, just sold a HDTV reciever to mark in belfast too 10 days ago.:-tree

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY PLUS, BT OPENWORLD
can this box open up more than T 1500 patch?

i gather it is same as dreambox with built in dragon cam without loader.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
bigscreencrazy said:
can this box open up more than T 1500 patch?

i gather it is same as dreambox with built in dragon cam without loader.

I don't know anything about Techomates receivers but the Relook can open everything Dreambox can open....

Zipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ARCAM AVR 600,ARCAM DV137 ,B&W CM1'S FRONT,B&W AS2 SUB, B&W MINI THEATERS MT1'S CENTRE & REARS,DM8000HD PVR,REELBOX AVG I , ,TECHNISAT DIGICORDER HD S2X,PIONEER KRL37V KURO,PANASONIC TX37LZD800,SKY HD MULTIROOM ,H
My Location
THe PLaNET GWaCO!
Not convinced yet Bigscreen? just wait a bit for the next big change in certain CAS sytems then you'll see why the relook has extra plugin memory slots too, your techno thingy will be redundant.:-gnome

Ohhhhhh Btw yet another image has been released by Rudbox since my last answers to your questions in other forums, xmas will be over by the time your convinced if you know what i mean?.

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Belfast
can't wait to get mine now. should expect it sometime in the New Year with the way postage is in Northern Ireland. Something to look forward to. can the cam plugins that are used on the 7020 be used on the 400?

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Belfast
just stuck a western digital caviar drive in my relook. 320GB should store a few movies and other "adult educational" material :)

Really easy to do. take out the 7 screws, take off the case, before you stick the drive onto the rails change the jumper from cable select(CS) to master. stick the drive in the rails, plugin molex power supply and 40 way ribbon connector ensuring red stripe on cable is at pin 1. put it back together reboot the machine and the hard disk is recognised and asks if you want to format. format, i got 314 gig after format.

any programme you want just hit the record button on the remote and away you go. piece of pish.

cheers

sinky