Hard Drive causing problems with Relook 400

Rob T

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Since installing new Hard drive, a Samsung Spinpoint 250GB, been getting untold problems. Picture breaks up when watching channels from Astra 28.2 :confused Unable to record anything, HD sometimes dosen't spin up. Take the drive out and problems go away !

The Samsung is a ATA133, but it seems that here and on other sites people seem to be using ATA100 drives. Correct me if I am wrong.

Does anyone know therefore if the controller on the Relook is ATA100 or ATA133 as I can't find any info on the spec

In the meantime I am going to send back the Samsung and try an alternative drive. Still confused however why pictures should break up only on channels from Astra 28.2 ?

Zipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ARCAM AVR 600,ARCAM DV137 ,B&W CM1'S FRONT,B&W AS2 SUB, B&W MINI THEATERS MT1'S CENTRE & REARS,DM8000HD PVR,REELBOX AVG I , ,TECHNISAT DIGICORDER HD S2X,PIONEER KRL37V KURO,PANASONIC TX37LZD800,SKY HD MULTIROOM ,H
My Location
THe PLaNET GWaCO!
Rob T said:
Since installing new Hard drive, a Samsung Spinpoint 250GB, been getting untold problems. Picture breaks up when watching channels from Astra 28.2 :confused Unable to record anything, HD sometimes dosen't spin up. Take the drive out and problems go away !

The Samsung is a ATA133, but it seems that here and on other sites people seem to be using ATA100 drives. Correct me if I am wrong.

Does anyone know therefore if the controller on the Relook is ATA100 or ATA133 as I can't find any info on the spec

In the meantime I am going to send back the Samsung and try an alternative drive. Still confused however why pictures should break up only on channels from Astra 28.2 ?

Mount the drive in a inverted position (upside down) sounds stupid i know but i think you'll find it may cure the problem.:eek:

Rob T

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zipper said:
Mount the drive in a inverted position (upside down) sounds stupid i know but i think you'll find it may cure the problem.:eek:

Sorry, forgot to mention I initally installed 'it upside down ' Unfortunatley didn't work properly no matter which way up it was !

Have found out from another site however that Samsung drives and this one in particular caused problems in Relook and Humax PVR's. Which is a shame becuase they run very quite and quite cool. Anyway its on it way back to the place I bought it from. Just have to make sure the next HD is one that other owners of Relook's have used with good results.

Rob