Hardcore using sky digibox and 45cm minidish.

blackninja

Reaction score
Recently moved my Raven minidish to 13 East and searched for Channels at 12092H 27500 3/4 on my digibox. Most that came up were scrambled (SCT,s_x-View etc) but on Telesierra you get FTA hardcore after about half past midnight.

Some of you may already have known this. Just wanted to give something back to this forum. It was nice to know that hardcore is possible just using minidish and digibox.

BTW - No chance of decrypting the scrambled channels on a digibox I take it?

Stevieb7

Reaction score
My Location
north east england
blackninja said:
Recently moved my Raven minidish to 13 East and searched for Channels at 12092H 27500 3/4 on my digibox. Most that came up were scrambled (SCT,s_x-View etc) but on Telesierra you get FTA hardcore after about half past midnight.

Some of you may already have known this. Just wanted to give something back to this forum. It was nice to know that hardcore is possible just using minidish and digibox.

BTW - No chance of decrypting the scrambled channels on a digibox I take it?
Hey, sounds great :)

I am new to this DG so have very basic knowledge.

Exactly what must I do to receive these <aheM> art channels?

TIA

Steve

P.S. I live in NE England and have a standard SKY minidish and PACE digibox

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Using the inbuilt signal meter in the installers menu, and moving the dish a tiny amount to the right (16 degrees ) and up an even tinier amount should give you the Hotbird satellite.

Stevieb7

Reaction score
My Location
north east england
Channel Hopper said:
Using the inbuilt signal meter in the installers menu, and moving the dish a tiny amount to the right (16 degrees ) and up an even tinier amount should give you the Hotbird satellite.
Installers menu? Where's that?

Also, when you move the dish, will it affect your normal viewing - that is, will you have to move it back again to watch ITV (for example).

Please forgive my lack of knowledge, TIA

Steve

P.S. how can you tell when you've moved the dish enough to pick up the new channels? Is there a beginners guide or link you can post? Thanks

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
Stevieb7,
Press services 4,0,1, then select, this should get you to the installers menu.
Yes you would have to move your dish back.

blackninja

Reaction score
Don't worry. I'm fairly new to all this n all.

Does your dish rotate side to side on one of those semi circle thingies? (I'm not in to technical terms) If so you can put a mark on it where 28 East (the Sky Digital) position is (using a permanent marker) making it easier to get the dish back to Sky when your done. Looking at this semi-circle you need to move the dish about 1cm to the left for Hotbird. It can be a pain to find the first time but once you've found it you could put a similar mark at this position.

If you look behind the dish there will be a vertical number scale. I found I had to move the dish about 7-8 notches upward to get Hotbird.

Remember to loosen a few screws first (don't do what I did the first time and buckle the bastard!)

Hope that helps. And watch out for some of the dodgier stuff on TeleSierra.

Stevieb7 said:
Installers menu? Where's that?

Also, when you move the dish, will it affect your normal viewing - that is, will you have to move it back again to watch ITV (for example).

Please forgive my lack of knowledge, TIA

Steve

P.S. how can you tell when you've moved the dish enough to pick up the new channels? Is there a beginners guide or link you can post? Thanks

blackninja

Reaction score
Bit of confusion in the postings - for hotbird you move the dish left looking at it from the front and right looking at it from behind.

blackninja

Reaction score
What's happened to Telesierra by the way? Even now it's only showing telephone game shows.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Why not go to a car boot sale and pick up a second receiver + dish. Even a FTA box will give hours of fun, play around at 19 and 13 East. This is how most of us started before moving on to CI receivers and blank cards. A S*Y digibox just will not do the job will only leave you wanting more. I'd look in the for sale section at the DEN and if you see something that catches your eye, you can come here and ask for help or advice, TOE runs a good board over there , also one of the deputy admins on there is nice guy also.

caretaker

Reaction score
telesierra,most harder stuff is on from thurs to suns,Hope this answers your q(sometimes well after midnight,

johnny_d_

Reaction score
ok i have pace reciever and small dish that is on sky digital look face on to the dish do i move it left or right? and by how much do i move it, and how much do i move it up/down, thanks very much

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
@ johnny d
if you are looking at the dish face - then you move it to your left (and up very
slightly).
If you haven't done this before then it will be a bit more tricky than just
loosening the bolts and swinging it. It will look like the difference between
12oClock and between 1 or 2 o Clock (but not much more). Assuming that
you call your original dish poition 12oClock.

Do mark your original position with something that scores a mark on
your adjustment surfaces as you will probably want to watch what you
are paying (too much in my opinion but I, like many here have a bit of a
view about uncle Rupe) for.

Any probs then post again. There are lots of very helpful people here
who have been there before. :)

Ranting and raving...
Lancelot.

johnny_d_

Reaction score
hi thanks for that, i will try it out, do i have to wait until 12:30 tonight to see if it has worked or will i see a picture as soon as i do this?

also i am thinking abot getting a motorised dish to pick up hardcore chans broadcasted outside the uk, i think they work on viaccess and irdeto can you please advise me on what i should purchase

thanks very much for your help

mrwhippy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
new to all this after d2 mac going down they were the good old days watching the adult stuff on tv1000 and the premiership footy on a saturday on canal plus half way through the codes changing sometimes twice.i dont use my sky box anymore after getting my hands on a chipped cable box.so exactly what frequency is this adult channel.as tonight in the piss down rain im gonna be balancing on my ladder moving my dish to find this channel.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
13.0E 12092H/27500
Try that :)

mrwhippy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks for that lancelot.is there anyway of checking your on the right satelite through the day its seems a much easier idea running up and down the ladder in the daylight than at night.just wonderdd what sort of stuff is on this channel through the day.

blackninja

Reaction score
Just prize phone ins during the day on Telesierra hosted by very loud Spanish people; think it says TvL in the corner. Getting the height's quite important - I found that I had to move it up about 7 notches from the sky digital position. Then just move it slowly to the left looking at the dish head on. You might get Astra 19 East first (with the terrible TV6 for FTA 'mature content').

On certain nights there's no hardcore but my guess is that it's on maybe 4-5 nights a week and can come on between at about 11:00 to 12:30 GMT. Mostly normal hardcore but watch out for the dodgy bits. Plus there's a contemporary soundtrack - recently saw some woman pleasuring a horse to the tune of Will Young's Friday's child and nearly threw up (still don't know whether it was what I was seeing or hearing).

mrwhippy said:
thanks for that lancelot.is there anyway of checking your on the right satelite through the day its seems a much easier idea running up and down the ladder in the daylight than at night.just wonderdd what sort of stuff is on this channel through the day.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
I once saw a girl pee over a 6 foot wall, on TV Loacil, never knew they could that.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Razor said:
I once saw a girl pee over a 6 foot wall, on TV Loacil, never knew they could that.
They say they can do unusual things in downtown Bangkok, but you won't see it on Thai TV O-Ha

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I can roast beef.........