Hardrive not found with 500HD

markshore

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra win7
My Location
bristol uk
Hi have read a few posts about the HD not being reconised, mine is the same i bought the esata to mini usb as mentioned in a previous post but this did not work, i also plugged in an external HD which a dedicaded esata port (both are 3.5" drives so are self powered) this was not found any ideas? Aprevious post said to initialise the drive but if i cant see it how do i do it or is there somewhere else that i should be looking?
Regards
Mark

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
The 500HD can ONLY connect eSata hard drives. Make sure you can see the drive on your PC first to ensure the enclosure eSata is working. eSata connected drives need their own power supply, they cannot be powered from the PC/dreambox. The miniUSB CANNOT be used to connect a hard drive without extensive hardware mods inside the DM500HD.If I remember correctly I had to format the drive on my PC before the 500 would recognise it, but it is a while ago, so I am not sure.

markshore

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra win7
My Location
bristol uk
Hi have mounted a drive on my nas box and record ok and the media player works ok, just need to know what setting to use to point to the esata hardrive as i think i over wrote them when adding the network share, running gemini2 version 5.1 just need the settings ie server=harddisk? username=root? password=dreambox? share=media/hdd? dont know if these are right any help greatly appreciated.
Regards
Mark

Bianconero10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 500 HD - Windows 7
My Location
Belgium
hi all,

I got the same issue, I've format my new Iomega hard disk with windows7 in exfat as saying in a few posts. Plugged in and initialized going in Blue-Panel/Manager Devices/Initialize but I can't see it in paramètrer/système.. no hard drive. I've read a lot of post saying that it should be recognized after initializing but not for me so I can not use it.
Can somebody help me please?
Alex