Has anyone tried one of these Sat Meters

buzzbomb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
protek 9600ip Openbox S9 HD 1.8m precision dish and standalone 36v positioner.
My Location
scotland and greece
Anyone know anything about the "3.5" Color LCD Pro Digital Satellite Finder Meter TV2" Item number: 250349631913 on Ebay.

I am not a professional installer but would like something a bit better than my small sat finder I currently use for tweaking my dish.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
It's basically a portable Comag/ Silvercrest type receiver with an LCD & battery pack/ charger.. put together as a meter ..

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
yes, I was going to say it's only a satellite receiver with a in built screen. May show the SNR & power strenghts as do high end receivers. Still not a bad price :)

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
I think it would come down to what it's like to use like that .. battery life/ recharge time, tuner sensitivity, screen in daylight, if you can use the lcd on its own & output the video/ audio (the English is not very good as to whether it can), if it all works fairly well and there are more options on the 3 digit display then it's an option....

or if not ... you could use it as a portable stb (with monitor if your eyesight's OK):-rofl2

buzzbomb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
protek 9600ip Openbox S9 HD 1.8m precision dish and standalone 36v positioner.
My Location
scotland and greece
Thanks guys for the comments. Agree it is basically a mini battery operated sat receiver (3 hours on external use).

Below I have listed the spec as detailed in the user manual. From what I can see in the manual it only has sig intensity and quality readings but no ber reading. Apparenty u will get a picture on the screen with 35% quality reading which I thought was quite good. Not sure how important the lack of BER is for me given I am only likely to use it for my own motorised system and re-alighning family sky systems.

Obviously the price is the big attraction although the £120 quoted on ebay may rise if I get charged import duty. (anyone any idea how much that would be on a £80 product)?

Any further comments from u guys would be appreciated

Display screen,TFT 2.5” / 3.5” pixels,Battery pack DC7.4V 4000mAh
A/V output,Video RCA/S-Video,Audio RCA left/right/stero channel
Input impedance 75 (F style),Input frequency 950~2150MHZ
Input signal strength-65 ~-25dBm
Symbol Rate 2-45MbaudsMCPC,SCPC compatible
EB/O Threshold 4.1dB
Demodulation QPSK ,Input voltage DC8.5V
Video decode ISO/IEC 13818-ZMP @ML NTSC/PAL
size 165x125x80mm
Audio decode ISO/IEC 13818-3Layerl & 2
Weight 780g(with battery)