Has someone nicked all the german channels?

tankie88

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 7000 FTA
My Location
Redruth,Cornwall.
i used to live in germany and i bought a sat system to watch all the german channels.The end of summer last year they all disapeared.I've just been trying to get them all again.All i can get is Italian channels.Has something happened up in the sky i don't know about????.Astra 19.2E of course.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Your dish is now pointing at Hotbird 13E!

G

Absolutely!

To clarify, there aren't many Italian Channels on 19.2E, but there are loads on 13E.

Conversely, whilst there are a few German Channels on 13E, the bulk (as you know) are on 19.2E.

One simple check (of many!) is if you get Rai 1 ,2 and 3 you are on 13E, but if you only get Rai 1 you are on 19.2E.

Or you can just compare what you get with freely available listings at Flysat, Lyngsat or KingofSat.

The bottom line is your Dish has gone AWOL and you need to shove it about 6 degrees back towards the East and down a tiny bit.

tankie88

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 7000 FTA
My Location
Redruth,Cornwall.
This is doing me head in.Now all i get is french speaking channels.I can't be that much of a biff,surely????.....Tv Canaria,TV Galica,Andalucia TV

G

tankie88 said:
This is doing me head in.Now all i get is french speaking channels.I can't be that much of a biff,surely????.....Tv Canaria,TV Galica,Andalucia TV

Ermm, they are Spanish Channels :-rofl2

BUT ............ the good news is that you are on the right Satellite.

What Receiver is it? Does it have an Auto (or Blind) Search (or Scan) option?

Ah, your Profile says Protek 7000 - I'm none the wiser!

tankie88

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 7000 FTA
My Location
Redruth,Cornwall.
All i know is i can scan the TP's and sats.Other channels i get are Direct8,CCTV F,CCTV9,Canal Alge,TV5 Monde,France24.Seems to be a mix of french/spanish with a few english news channels.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Sounds like your already on 19e as said but the channels you have mentioned above appear on both 13e and 19e apart from CCTV F which is on Astra19e. Many european channels are duplicated on both Astra & Hotbird.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Well,this week the 12.188h frequency has become weaker over here .Can't get it on a 1.25m offset now.

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
Do you mean premier channels? if you were watching with a patched receiver they have now gone to nagra 3 which is now secure encryption :confused