Has your Sly UK card become unauthorised?

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
In light of all the reports people have been reading elsewhere, I thought I'd try and gather some info regarding setup ect from the people it has happened to.

What set up are you using?
CCcam 2.1.? Direct
Newcs + CCcam 2.1.?
Oscam + CCcam 2.1.?

Were your entitlements still in date?

Were you allowing EMM's from clients?

Thankfully there dosn't seem to be many reports on here about this happening....yet!!!

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD + Nabilo Blackhole 0.12 with External 1TB Esata Drive:
Dreambox 800HD Clone + Ferrari Sim
100CM Motorised Dish:
Ubuntu 9.10 Server with Smargo:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
Nowt occurring on my setup, chugging along nicely.

I am sure that if "anything" was occurring there would be far more postings around than there are at the moment.

Carry On :)

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Single Sat Dish and DM800
My Location
Ireland
no problem with 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 updating entitlements.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600 Official, DM500S Clone, Linux MythTV, Nova-T USB2 Stick, Nova-S-USB2 Tuner, S*y Subs, TRex -CAM, Satelco EasyWatch PCI DVB-S + CI Interface
My Location
West Midlands, England
My DM600/CCCam 2.1.4 has since lunch time today decided that there is no card inserted. Card seems to work OK in my original Sly Amstrad box and decrypted straight away after booting, despite the Ammy not being turned on for a couple of months. I suspect this may be a Dreambox failure rather than anything else - maybe the unusually warm UK weather has cooked its goose. :mad:

A nonymous

Reaction score
There has been reports of this on quite a few of the CS forums. It appears that this is only affecting a small number of people upto now.

There are rumours that Sky are sending out the signals to people they suspect of CS although this has yet to be confirmed. There are also rumours that even if you switch on the emm blocker on CCcam 2.1.3 & 2.1.4 that this can still happen.

The only advice i have seen and been given at the moment is to use NewCS (with all blockers on) and CCCam 2.1.1 as no one using this config seems to have been affected.

Fortunately for me i don't share my Sky card as the wife can't get to grips with the DM so it stays in the Sky+ box :-lmao

:-beer

Nano

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
nanochickin said:
Fortunately for me i don't share my Sky card as the wife can't get to grips with the DM so it stays in the Sky+ box :-lmao

:-beer

Nano

exactly why I had to take out a multiroom sub!!

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I was effected by this.

My Setup.
CCcam2.14
Card in VU+ Duo reader.
Entitlements were up to date (July 2010)
I wasn't accepting any EMMs from peers.

A quick call to Sky and the card was up and running again.

I know at least one other member on here who had the same problem.

As Nano said, NewCS with blockers on is the way to go if you want to block EMM updates for a while.

ricflairandy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s
My Location
uk
Happened to me, put the card back in m old pace box that hasnt been turned on in about 2 years. Doesnt work.

Called sly last night, they said they would repair it because it becomes unpared after a while of not being turned on. Said it would take 2-24 hours and its still not working now.

Just called them again and they have aparently sent a signal to activate it , but it still isnt working. They have said that i will haev to wait another 24 hours before calling them back if it doesnt work.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Hmm ........ It's likely that a Skybox not used for so long has EPG and O/S firmware that way out of date. Such boxes tend not to behave very well. You might be advised to do a Forced Download and see if you can get it rather more up to date.

Not entirely sure if out-of-date Firmware affects Card management, but it sure as heck affects those boxes in many other unhelpful ways.

Nowt to lose .............