Have Any Of You Been Double Charged By Sky?

Nightingale26

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 sky boxes
My Location
London
)(-red'O'-red)(-red'O'-red)(-red'O'-red)(-red'O'-red)(-red'O'-red)(-red'O'-redAny of you been double charged by Sky?

I got a multiroom subscription in August 2006 and they have continued billing me for the second subscription I had before that and now owe me £392.30! I've had letters from them saying they won't pay - they claim they were never informed that I wanted to cancel the second account but the guy on the phone who set up the multiroom subscription told me the second account would be cancelled. In the meantime, they have also pulled the stroke of "we have to send an engineer to check that your second box is on the premises because you're not hooked up to the phone line", "oh yes I am", "oh no you're not"...

If they won't repay me what they owe me, I will be taking them to small claims court. However, if there are others out there like me that they've ripped off in this manner, we could have a class action suit.

So, do let me know if this has happened to you!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They wouldn't normally bill you full subscription on the second card until at least they had sent a warning letter that the second box was not connected to the phone line. Did they not do that?

Nightingale26

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 sky boxes
My Location
London
:mad:'O'-red:mad:)(-red'O'-red)(-red:mad:'O'-redYes, they did. I called, they sent round an engineer, who, when he left said it was working. Then another letter came, I called, they sent round an engineer, who, when he left,said it was working...this went on five or six times.

However, what they are saying now is that I never cancelled the subscription to the second OLD card - but I did, when I took out the Multiroom subscription!

Arry1975

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DBox
My Location
London
Try the old 'double bluff.' Tell them unless it is sorted out now you will cancel all direct debits (if you have any that is) and cancel the entire subscription - we all know how Sky hate the idea of missing out on cash!! If it doesn't work, then there is always the radio!! )(-red:))(-red