The Local Drunkard
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
This has 2 questions, number one is i have found a satellite between nilesat and hispasat, round about exactly between them. And ideas as to what it is? Elevation approx. 36´. Numero dos. The brightest thing in the night sky at the moment is mars. But at roughtly 9pm cet a very bright thing appears at elevation 53´. It cannot be a fixed satellite as it moves left to right and right to left on a nightly basis. I think it may be a GPS? Anyone have any ideas on either? Thanks.:-carrot

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Go to www.heavens-above.com and you can work it out from there. You will need to register - free but once in theres you can set your location & there are lists of bright satellites.

Chances are its the Space Station, or if its a slightly reddish colour Envisat.

Let us know what it was!

Low Profile

My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
Intelsat 907 @ 27.5° maybe?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
mmm looking at this bit:
It cannot be a fixed satellite as it moves left to right and right to left on a nightly basis
it sound more like a ufo!

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Looked up its location, intelsat 907 is what i think it is, as its in the right location + elevation. But it shuldnt move like that should it? I looked it up on lyngsat and its in the right place, tonight i´ll get my digital camera and take a pic (Though its cloudy today so might not get chance)

J

Jeff_19341

If "It cannot be a fixed satellite as it moves left to right and right to left on a nightly basis".
Could it be planes taking all the p****d of brits to warmer climes for the holiday period.?

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Not possible as it is there every night for a period of 4 hours or so after sundown, when the sun must stop hitting it. Too cloudy last night for a picture, and it will probably be too cloudy again tonight as it has rained for the last 4 days. (You call this a desert?)