Having trouble with my new Dreambox

Filoofo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a Dreambox 500 which i bought from the Middle East and i am having trouble with the channels
My Location
United Kingdom
My old Dreambox suddenly stopped working and i went to a few satellite shops who had no idea of how to repair it, so i decided to buy a new one. This one worked completely fine with no issues except for one. Whenever I plugged in my ethernet cable to my old Dreambox, I would just restart it and bam its connected and working fine, now with my new Dreambox I connect it and I see the yellow light from the Dreambox which assures me that the cable is connected but when I go to Expert Setup, Communication setup the IP is still 10.0.0.97. I am wondering why this is happening now I cant move my old bouquet, etc. to my new Dreambox. I really need your help.

PS: I have tried different ethernet cables and all to no avall

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello to all dreambox guys,
well we finally got new dreambox 500s and we set this up saturday and i was totaly blowing my mind.
it works like a champ.
one card and 2 boxes working on seperate channels.
here is the problem.
audio drifts out of synk after 20 to 22 hours.
this is not a problem for the average home use to is allways changing channels every few hours.
but try to leave the channel on a movie channel for 24 hours and don't switch channels or power off the box.
the audio will lag behind the picture by a few seconds.
so if this box was in a hotel and running on a movie channel for 24 hours the audio will be out of synk.
does anyone have any news or ideas on this problem or has anyone ever noticed this
thanks to all support
ralph

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I cant say I've ever noticed this. There are AC3 audio syncing plugins available, I dont know anything about them, but it may be worth looking into.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
thanks i will check into this
ralph

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello i think this audio was fixed last night.
in the menue there is a zaping mode and we turned it off.
so far this morning it is in synk.
if it stays in synk for a few days its fixed.
thanks to iain
ralph