Help Required HD DVD authoring program?

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
As title does anyone know of an authoring program for HD DVD - the obsolete HD disc and NOT recording HD to standard DVDs (although I am interested in that as well)?

I have a USB HD DVD rewriter drive plus 3 stand alone HD DVD players (Toshiba, Samsung combo bluray/HD DVD and Xbox 360).

A

Archive7

Sorry, not familiar with HD DVD. Lucky I guess considering the fiasco of buying Sony laser Disc Player and IOMEGA products that ended up in the recycling bin.
Can you still buy the HD DVD media?

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
I'm not sure whether or not they are still manufactured but they regularly come up on ebay etc for sale and I have some in stock.

HD DVD lost out to Bluray in the HD media market mainly because more film studios backed blu ray. Commercial release stopped a few years ago but I have about 100 discs - films, concerts and box sets of TV shows. I have a USB recorder drive plus two player drives (one USB and one desktop) plus 3 set top players (one HD DVD , one US spec bluray/HD DVD combo and an Xbox 360 with player).

I collect old formats both media and hardware mainly from the 60's onwards including CED & VHD (two vinyl video discs), laserdisc, VCD, Betamax, VHS and Video 2000 VCRs. My latest acquisitions on the way are two digital tape recorders (D-VHS & Mini DV) - one SD and one HD that play and record on both formats - apparently SD recordings are higher quality than DVD (14Mbps against average DVD of 5.5)