DELAZOUL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600 PVR
My Location
London
Hi guys,

Another newbie here.

I was thinking of buying a new receiver, but this time a HD one and I was wondering if you have any suggestions?

I had a look at Dreambox DM800 and Technomate TM6800 HD. The main difference for me so far is the price, which speaks for the Technomate.
What do you guys think? Do you have any other suggestions?

PVR and HD are the main things I am looking for actually.

Thanks.

muven

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm-1000D Super
Tm-9100
Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra
Technotred S2 3200 Pci card
and many other sat pci cards
My Location
Bergen Norway
Hi ! It's all very early still ! I'm thinking that it's best to wait for a "combi" digital sat/terrestial receiver that takes full HD(1920x1080) on BOTH and has over 10.000 channels. As I see it, the NanoXX 6900 is perhaps the nearest now, but does it take MPEG-4 /H-264 on both satellite and terrestial ? Time is the main factor as all OEM producers want to sell out old stocks before upgrading technology to the highest standard (MPEG4 H-264 ) I would not want to waist money on receivers with only NEAR full HD on both sat-and terr. But I use pc sat cards on pc that takes the full HD standard on satellite. Dvb shop in Germany sells some nice ones , also usb solutions. This way you can record HD and show them on plasma/lcd with a hd video grabber box between the pc and hd tv screen. Dr Dish will certainly tell us when the time comes if we don't discover before him ?

DELAZOUL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600 PVR
My Location
London
Hi,

thanks for your reply. I guess you are right. It is probably worth waiting a bit it longer. You got me decided now, I will keep my money in my pocket, or better say bank for the moment :)

Thanks again.

vblanche

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s
nabilo
My Location
netherlands
Hello,

newbie here and maybe newbier than Delazoul...

my question: if the receiver is not HD, then all channels received via a receiver and shown on a HD tv will not be displayed in HD? Am I right here?

thanks

muven

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm-1000D Super
Tm-9100
My Location
Bergen Norway
vblanche said:
Hello,

newbie here and maybe newbier than Delazoul...

my question: if the receiver is not HD, then all channels received via a receiver and shown on a HD tv will not be displayed in HD? Am I right here?

thanks

That's quite right ! SD receivers (Standard Definition) can't demodulet HD !

radtv

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
"As I see it, the NanoXX 6900 is perhaps the nearest now"

Don't you mean the Technomate 6900 as Nanoxx only do the 9500 with just a satellite tuner and no terrestrial tuner built in?

muven

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm-1000D Super
Tm-9100
My Location
Bergen Norway
southernsatellite said:
"As I see it, the NanoXX 6900 is perhaps the nearest now"

Don't you mean the Technomate 6900 as Nanoxx only do the 9500 with just a satellite tuner and no terrestrial tuner built in?

Either is for H-264 (MPEG-4) on sat, but only MPEG-2 on terrestial !? I am on lookout for a combi sat / terrestial tuner that that's MPEG4 / H-264 on both ! Have you seen any ?