HD Suisse frame-dropping

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6800, Technomate TM6800 Super, Technomate 5200, Humax Foxsat HDR, Humax CI-8100, Lemon FTA, Force Frontier T90, Channelmaster 1.2 + Jaeger 1224, Misc other bits and bobs.
My Location
North Staffordshire
Of all the HD channels currently available I like HD Suisse on Hotbird best, but unfortunately the picture is nearly always 'jerky' with dropped frames. Perfect otherwise, good sound and excellent quality video. Just the annoying dropped frames!

Anyone know if this is a source or a receiver/setup problem? I am using a Technomate 6800 HD

Thanks.

Barry.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
barrykap said:
Of all the HD channels currently available I like HD Suisse on Hotbird best, but unfortunately the picture is nearly always 'jerky' with dropped frames. Perfect otherwise, good sound and excellent quality video. Just the annoying dropped frames!

Anyone know if this is a source or a receiver/setup problem? I am using a Technomate 6800 HD

Thanks.

Barry.

How are the other 7 SD channels behaving. Are they stable or also jerky?

Edit:
SRG package has the best bitrate quality on Hot Bird 13E, about 6500 kb/s for video.
I am only guessing that the Suisse HD channel has also high quality bitrate and perhaps your receiver can't cope with this kind of stream and hence the jerkiness.
Are you experiencing similar problem on other opened HD channels?

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6800, Technomate TM6800 Super, Technomate 5200, Humax Foxsat HDR, Humax CI-8100, Lemon FTA, Force Frontier T90, Channelmaster 1.2 + Jaeger 1224, Misc other bits and bobs.
My Location
North Staffordshire
Hi

Thanks for replying.

I can get all the other FTA HD channels plus Pr*mier/D*scovery etc and none are like HD Suisse. All are perfect. Just this one channel is the problem.

Not checked the 'other 7 SD channels' you mention. Which are these?

Barry

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Hi HB13dish.

Many thanks for the excellent link.

I agree with you precisely on the quality of the channels available on that bouquet.

I didn't realise the connection but I have Swiss Jazz radio channel on all day long every day as background music. Using a Lemon FTA receiver.

As for the other SD channels, they all appear perfectly, with no jerkiness at all.

It only happens with the one HD channel.

Incidentally, I have a Humax HD receiver too, which I rarely use and I tried it with that one and the HD Suisse channel was perfect on that. So it seems to be a Technomate specific problem.

I need it on the Techno so I can record HD on the PVR.

Someone on another forum suggested 'patching' but I am unsure about using a patch as I prefer to use a Dragon Cam and Pr*d soft for decryption.

Can you offer any further advice.

I do appreciate your help.

Many thanks.

Barry.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
barrykap said:
Hi HB13dish.

Many thanks for the excellent link.

I agree with you precisely on the quality of the channels available on that bouquet.

I didn't realise the connection but I have Swiss Jazz radio channel on all day long every day as background music. Using a Lemon FTA receiver.

As for the other SD channels, they all appear perfectly, with no jerkiness at all.

It only happens with the one HD channel.

Incidentally, I have a Humax HD receiver too, which I rarely use and I tried it with that one and the HD Suisse channel was perfect on that. So it seems to be a Technomate specific problem.

I need it on the Techno so I can record HD on the PVR.

Someone on another forum suggested 'patching' but I am unsure about using a patch as I prefer to use a Dragon Cam and Pr*d soft for decryption.

Can you offer any further advice.

I do appreciate your help.

Many thanks.

Barry.

I have Swiss classic radio on all day long at work (internet) and it keeps me happy.
At least you can watch it OK on the other box.
Try contacting the STB manufacturer (or distributor) and report this problem to them. You don't have to mention the channel name, just a general question.
It could be your specific STB is not up to it because of the high quality signals.
Just another thought, did you test it on another TV set?
Maybe the STB is OK but the TV is the cause of the problem.
Please give more info about the TV set.

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Thanks.

I really wouldn't think it is the TV.

I am using a Panasonic TH-37PX60B Plasma and it has a pretty good reputation.

Surely if it was the TV the fault would also show via the Humax too?

I will contact the supplier as he is very knowledgeable on satellite matters and see what he says.

Cheers.

Barry.

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
I installed an earlier firmware patch which solved the above problem with HD Suisse.

I've also informed my supplier who will highlight this to Technomate, hoping they will resolve it in newer firmware releases.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
barrykap said:
I installed an earlier firmware patch which solved the above problem with HD Suisse.

I've also informed my supplier who will highlight this to Technomate, hoping they will resolve it in newer firmware releases.

I am really glad that you solved this problem. :)
Funny that an earlier firmware patch did the trick.
Can you risk installing the original firmware with the problem just to see if a refreshed install would resolve this problem?

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Presume you mean re-install the latest officail firmware? (6.22) that I had on before?

I might do this sometime but just at the moment I am so relieved to get HD Suisse working I am just going to enjoy it for a while :-)

Barry.

By the way, while I had this problem I made a few recordings of HDS onto the external USB drive connected to the Techno 6800.

On playback (prior to the patching) the frame dropping was still there so I assumed the 'bug' had also been recorded to disk too.

To my surprise, if I now play back these 'old' recordings, they no longer have this judder and playback perfectly. So the fault is in the display stage and not the tuner stage.

Muad'Dib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo's 60, SF75, 90, 120 (motorized),
Triax Unique MF,
DVB-S2 cards
My Location
Germany
barrykap said:
Presume you mean re-install the latest officail firmware? (6.22) that I had on before?

Of course official.
Which CAMs do you use?