Hdtv

colinp

My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
Good afternoon gentlemen,my first post though joined a couple of months ago.If i'm in the wrong place then i apologise in advance.Question;is it possible to take an anolgue signal from a cable box via scart send it to a media centre through s-vhs socket and output in HD(media centre has hdmi output).Many thanks in anticipation:confused

R

Rd100

No you would need a DVB-C pci cable card like the technisats cable star one but it is illegal to use one in the uk,

The only way you will get hdtv from cable is via one of the NTL / TELEWEST (being renamed virgin media from the 14th feb) TV DRIVE PVR hdtv receivers it has three tuners and hdmi and Component out

colinp said:
Good afternoon gentlemen,my first post though joined a couple of months ago.If i'm in the wrong place then i apologise in advance.Question;is it possible to take an anolgue signal from a cable box via scart send it to a media centre through s-vhs socket and output in HD(media centre has hdmi output).Many thanks in anticipation:confused

colinp

My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
Thanks very much.I thought as much but my brother said otherwise.Its my mothers system.I read about treble tuner in wotsat mag but they said it was due out feb but only down south.Doesnt bother me as I now have s*y HD.Would it not be able to upscale using a computer prog as tv stations do? Cheers

olisun

My Satellite Setup
, Fibo Gregorian 1.2mtr, Skystar 2
My Location
Hounslow
Rd100 said:
No you would need a DVB-C pci cable card like the technisats cable star one but it is illegal to use one in the uk

Sorry for being naive, but why is that card illegal to use in the UK?

R

Rd100

It is not illegal to own one unless you plug it in to a cable network if you want cable tv you must use the receiver the cable co supply you with

olisun said:
Sorry for being naive, but why is that card illegal to use in the UK?