Heads up Relook user's!!

Zipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ARCAM AVR 600,ARCAM DV137 ,B&W CM1'S FRONT,B&W AS2 SUB, B&W MINI THEATERS MT1'S CENTRE & REARS,DM8000HD PVR,REELBOX AVG I , ,TECHNISAT DIGICORDER HD S2X,PIONEER KRL37V KURO,PANASONIC TX37LZD800,SKY HD MULTIROOM ,H
My Location
THe PLaNET GWaCO!
A rough translation::eek:

The Korean DGStation have directly for an indefinite period of time stopped by with releasing source information concerning the software for its satellite recipients based on linux. The Koraanse company this measure has had take because busy of "third parties" too large now satellite recipients also these much became are used by means of hobbyimages and emulatoren for free to programmes of betaaltelevisieproviders are able look at. DGStation have their own development server where makers of alternative firmware the code's van DGStation could take away because of this were them able alternative hobbysoftware be able make for the DGStation recipients. Meanwhile this server is not reach already more than 48 hours. The expectation is that also provisional these to no longer reach is. DGStation will have had take this step according to initiates as a result of piracy which be committed with recipients of DGStation in combination with alternative hobbysoftware. Hobbysoftware are very important for sale of Linux satellite recipients. By far most of the people who this type buys satellite recipients do this because there are with hobbysoftware more features possible. Thus for example the card reader as multi card reader can be used, became cardsharing possibly and could one by use of emulatoren to programmes of several betaaltelevisieproviders look at with the hobbysoftware for the Relook 400. At this moment only the linux kernel are which uses DGStation in public and also public will remain. DGStation are contratueel oblige all changes which they have adapted in these kernel public to make. Differently it is however with software which for example important software components head as menu and EPG. These by DGStation themselves has been made and need therefore public to be made. And other developement is hobbyusten is that the SFTeam what made as one of the firsts hobbysoftware for Relook 400 meanwhile confessed have made to stop with making images for the Relook 400. also one will stop with making hobbysoftware for the Triple tarragon. And real reason has not been confessed by the SFTeam made.

All text translated or otherwise courtesy of _www.satplaza.com

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If this is true, it will definitely have implications for the long-term development of images for this box, but I wouldn't panic.

Short to medium term, other teams will get by, though it will be sad to lose the SF Team altogether.

There are also other means to upgrade the base image.

Anyway, if the current source is available then stuff can be recompiled with any updated open source OS components in the future.

Let's face it, much of the development goes on in the emu/plugin domain anyhow.

Methinks they are just covering their ****

Even if the announcement is true, it would financially benefit the company to 'leak' the source.

Damn burglars... :rolleyes:

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Relax...nothing to get excited by, there is a guy on the net that runs around on all forums scaring Relook users from buying them or keeping them by saying Relook have left the users by closing the source bla bla bla.....

We don't know nothing yet and it could be that the server crashed and they are trying to get it online again, they don't work so fast in Korea.