Help.........Dishes

Snr_Paul

I'm in N.E Spain

During the day I'm recieving all BBC, ITV channels no probs, but at night I lose The BBC channels. I've got an old Via Digital dish, 45cm I think.
Will getting a bigger dish solve the problem?

thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly should do, south of france is reported as stable with a 60cm dish, so possibly an 80cm would be advisable to stabilise what you already partially have with a minidish.

Attachments

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This is the dish size key for the map above.

Attachments

Snr_Paul

Thanks for the advice........but???

Call me thick right, but, up until 2-3 days ago I had no problem receiving any of the channels.....ok in a storm ITV used to go a bit wanky, but I never lost anything.

I know that something has happened with the Beeb and Sky and the Beeb have moved something up there in the heavens but, if I was already pointing at 2d (which I presume I am as I receive C5 C4 ITV etc), why have the BBC channels (no others) decided to “do one” in the evenings?

:confused :confused :confused

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The only thing that has changed is BBc going to 2D, some transponders on 2D are stronger than others. Channel 4 an 5 are not on 2D, see this page for where everything is http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/skyuk.shtml

The reason that the BBC is going is that the footprint on 2D is much tighter as per the map above and with power saving and re-orientation you will lose it with your small dish at certain times, there are many posts cocerning this.