HELP: Echostar AD3000 blew up - Advice wanted

qwerty14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar ad3000ipva and LIDL SL65 on a Wavefrontier t55. Long live analogue sparkles.
My Location
smallest country on the Iberian peninsula
Unit: Echostar AD300IPVA

Sympton: Noticed that a CI slot was trying to initialise itself continiously. A white band message kept appearing on the screen.

Looked at the CAM module section and saw:
1) Empty slot
2) Initialising CI card
3) ViaAccess enabled

At this point I lost the screen and had to turn the unit on and off.

The unit powered on and displayed the current firmware version on the LCD : 0100 (yes, I know 0100 is old but I was going to upgrade this weekend...).
I pressed the standby button to start the unit and the LCD bar started circuling the perimetre of the screen forever.
I took the unit off standby and it carried on circuling for ten seconds with three clicking noises (same noise it makes when it turns on), and then went into standby mode.

Have I a hope. This is the second Echostar AD3000IP that has blown up within a month of taking delivery. Thus, I have a scrapped unit that I could borrow bits from to repair the current except the power supply because I think that it what was broken on the first unit that failed...

Regards, q.

PS. I have rung Echostar but their support chap won't be in the office until tomorrow.