Help for a new double sat project

samarcanda

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
offset 120
pc intel celeron
My Location
Praia, Cabo Verde
I leave in Cape Verde. I want to install 2 sat antennas to receive Nilesat 7º West e Eutelsat W4 a 36º East with 2 Twin LNBs in order to serve 2 different rooms in my house. Then I buy regular subscription to Multichoice Africa, AlJAzeera Sport and Showtime. The three of them utilzing Irdeto 2.

What kind of receiver(s) do you suggest me? A Dreambox or others?

What kind of Multicrypt CAM?

How could I see them in the two different rooms using a single subscription?

Thanks for the attention and the replies I hope to get!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
samarcanda said:
I leave in Cape Verde. I want to install 2 sat antennas to receive Nilesat 7º West e Eutelsat W4 a 36º East with 2 Twin LNBs in order to serve 2 different rooms in my house. Then I buy regular subscription to Multichoice Africa, AlJAzeera Sport and Showtime. The three of them utilzing Irdeto 2.

What kind of receiver(s) do you suggest me? A Dreambox or others?

What kind of Multicrypt CAM?

How could I see them in the two different rooms using a single subscription?

Thanks for the attention and the replies I hope to get!

You will need a master receiver with three card readers.
I have a Dreambox 7000S which has two card readers which can work with a software CAM emulator like CCcam, and it also has a CI slot which would accept an Irdeto CAM.
I think that the newer model 7020S has also this combination, but 7020S might also be obsoleted soon, if it hasn't already.
So, you can have this option for a master receiver with all the subscription cards in it, and have a simpler receiver like 500S as a slave receiver in the other room.
You can add HDD to 7020S in order to record programs.
You will need a router and internet and two Diseqs.
Alternatively, you can buy 4 500S instead, 3 for the master and 1 for the slave, but in this case, you will not be able to record.
Hope that other members can confirm these options, as I haven't done any in house signal distribution.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
You could do it easily enough with just 2 recievers. For example

Reciever 1 - 2 card slots with Multichoice and JSC
Reciever 2 - 1 card slot with Showtime

Now just create a C and F line between the recievers, for in house use the IP address of the box on your network, not your external IP or DNS. Use seperate ports for each box for example.

Rec 1

f: rec2 rec2pass
c: 192.168.0.10 13000 rec1 rec1pass

Rec 2

f: rec1 rec1pass
c: 192.168.0.20 12000 rec2 rec2pass

Remember to watch showtime on reciever1 you also have to have reciever2 powered up.

Hope thats clear