Help for Newbie

Ham_Man_UK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.7m Prime Focus for Astra 28E with standard Panasonic digibox plus 1m offset and Humax IRCI5400 for Hotbird. Matrix CAM + Infinity USB programmer.
As a newcomer to digital TV I hope you will tolerate some rather simple questions. When I lived in France all the TV was analogue, Sky, clear and D2-Mac but I realised the future was digital and bought a Humax IRCI 5400. For a number of reasons it was never installed and remained unused until recently. I have now installed it on 13°E and it works very well on FTA and radio channels. I have purchased a Matrix Reloaded CAM with UCAS 3.0 and loaded it with MR 1.070. I understand that the Humax is not very happy to re-initialise after reflashing so I took the CAM to a neighbour and put it in their STB. The initialising message flashed on the screen for less than one second and then the STB simply ignored the Matrix and the existing CAM. The message was “No module installed - Insert Module” on both CI ports. When I removed the Matrix CAM the existing CAM reactivated. When I put the CAM in my Humax it worked. However after about an hour the picture vanished and the ‘CI initialising’ message repeatedly appeared. If I put the STB onto a FTA channel the CAM will reactivate and all is well – for a while. Does anybody know it this is another known problem with the Humax, MR Version 1.070 or just ‘one of those things’?

I have also an early IRDETO II CAM (genuine) and this presents no problems at all in either CI slot. When I insert both CAMs the IRDETO CAM stops working. Also the IRDETO card will not work with the Matrix; I thought it emulated IRDETO in its native mode and should work.

I installed MR via 2xFun6 cards programmed with a USB Infinity programmer.
Also, looking at earlier posts, I seem to be missing more channels than I am seeing; is it me, my Humax or the Matrix?
Some wisdom would be most welcome.

Thanks

Ham_Man

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire