help for novice please

just picked up a second hand box and sky dish but unfortunately without a card, so would really apreciate advice, the only options so far seems to be buying a freeview card off e bay or paying sky for a subscription, obviously i'd rather do neither and find a cheaper option... any ideas??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are a couple of thereads here discussing the Freesat cards and whether they will be available without the purchase of a receiver from Sky. Do a search for "freesat" and you will find them.

cheers, found some good info, i have heard that it is possible to subscribe to certain channels that give a three month free trial but i cant find any so far.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A couple of the soft mature content channels will do it, again there are a couple of threads here, but I can't remember the names of the channels unfortunately. One of them is a base subscription only, which enables a PPV booking system, so only the initial outlay is necessary.