60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
Hello all,

please help me.
I have two dishes looking at eurobird 9 and astra 28.5. I was using a Diseqc switch to get both into a single receiver. I have humax pvr and fortecstar hd. the latter hooked thru the LNB out of Humax. Everything was working perfectly for the past 1 year, until this evening. I was watching BBC HD thru freesat thru fortec star. I went upto turn a light and the bloody fortec star turned off as its plug was loose. I pushed it in and it came alive, but with no signal. I tried both the STBs for both the satellites with no joy. There is absolutely no signal. Therefore i got into the attic and disconnected the DiseQc and connected each LNB straight thru, but no signal. Please help. Have i ruined the LNBs?:confused:confused:eek:
or have i burnt both the boxes:eek::-doh!:-lmao
Many thanks in advance.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The only way to tell what has happened is to test your receivers on another setup, try connecting them to a friends, or families, dish set up, even if it's just Sky.
If they're working you know that the problem lies with the LNB's.
I'm surprised everything has stopped working, from the information you've provided, as simply unplugging the receiver shouldn't cause any major problems.

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
80CM FIXED SINGLE LNB DISH
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
thank you michka. The root of the problem was something down the line. It was just a loose F-Connector feeding the Humax.I must have moved it when i tried to switch the light on. Everything is working great now.