Help installing motorised dish on prefab concrete house with brick veneer cladding?

geordieshaun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD64 3200, 1.5GB DDR 400, 300GB SATA HD, Radeon 9800 Pro/XT, Skystar2 Rev. 2.6b? 80cm Orbital dish, Monoblock on 19e & 13e
My Location
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi,

Sorry for the long thread title!

I'm going to be setting up a motorised 85cm dish for a mate, only thing is im not sure on the best way to mount the dish brackets. His house is a concrete prefab, and has brick veneer cladding with a layer of polystyrene insulation in between like: concrete wall | polystyrene | brick cladding (think that makes sense).

The trouble im having is picking the correct bolts for the job!

Was wondering if anyone here has any ideas??

Cheers

Shaun

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Long ones lol. You need to get a fix into the concrete. Your going to have to do a test drill to find your thicknesses, then pick a suitable length anchor. A good tip is to drill your cable entry first, that tells you all you need to know. Is it not possible to groundmount the dish ?

geordieshaun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD64 3200, 1.5GB DDR 400, 300GB SATA HD, Radeon 9800 Pro/XT, Skystar2 Rev. 2.6b? 80cm Orbital dish, Monoblock on 19e & 13e
My Location
Newcastle upon Tyne
Not possible to ground mount, although there is a garage with a flat roof on the side of the house (also cladded with the brick veneer!). I do remember seeing some kind of mount for a flat roof somewhere, cant remember what they are called or where I would buy one (or even if they are any good!).

Cheers

Shaun

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
geordieshaun said:
I do remember seeing some kind of mount for a flat roof somewhere, cant remember what they are called
A non penetrating roof mount maybe.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Like this you mean h__p://www.southernsat.co.uk/cart/index.php?l=product_detail&p=907