Help, lost the plot connection problems !

dekd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyUK, 2 x 500s, 1 TM500, 1 x LT Vista, 1 x DT XP
My Location
NW
[h=2]Howdy,

Placed in the DB section but not specific to 500 as hoping for a wider audience....

Tried to look after me old mum, sent up one of the kids old 500s's as I put in a openbox s10 for them. Made sure that i took off my old static ip address from my set-up, changed it over to dhcp and even went as far as changing the regional variations etc etc.
Bless, my mother managed to connect it all up last night with me on the phone, but no subs channels are clearing? I kept looking at my cccaminfo.php and could not see her as active client. The cline on the box is definately working and should be going straight to my server box at my house?

Gave up after getting even more grey hair and then tried tonight again using teamviewer.

I managed to access her BT home hub and could see the DB ok with the ipaddress. I then used the web access to check the network / coms settings and all looked ok - nameserver, gateway and ip etc. Made sure cccam was running, everything I could think of. It's a nabilo image on the DB and when looking at cccaminfo the two lines i put on are offline / red dot.

I genuinely expected it to work out of the box and everything is ok as far as I can see. Was able to ftp to check cline, all ok again.

I'm looking more toward the actual router/network as it's the only thin i think is left to rule out, but I'm not familiar with BT or the homehub. Oh, on the laptop i connected to, there was also norton apps everywhere - internet security, network security and anitvirus etc. No sure if that make any difference?

I appreciate I've not offered up a great deal, but It's hard to get much more at the moment.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions or info on homehub/norton, I'd be truly greatful for any comments.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the war and peace effort !
[/h]

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
If you have not opened the port in Norton Internet Security then that is more than likely the problem.