Help Me Somebody Help Me Please

dinosaurus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Err, I have Sky and a laptop
My Location
East Midlands
I'm just a simple man so can someone explain what I need to do in order to receive Italian Sky Television in the UK?

I know nothing about Satalite systems but I have seen British Sky when I've been abroad so I'm assuming that I could receive Sky Italia in the UK.

I'm desperate, the Italian football season is due to begin and I can't stomach another season with Eurosport.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have friends or relatives in Italy, you should be able to subscribe.

dinosaurus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Midlands
rolfw said:
If you have friends or relatives in Italy, you should be able to subscribe.

I do have relatives, do I just subscribe and it comes through automatic? Please be more detailed?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You would need to get the relatives to send the equipment supplied by the installation firm to the UK, probably after they have turned on the system using the default access system (switch on, call Sky Italia, get the box to talk to the broadcaster via the phone cable).

Dont need to import the dish, just the indoor kit, receiver/card.

dinosaurus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Midlands
Channel Hopper said:
You would need to get the relatives to send the equipment supplied by the installation firm to the UK, probably after they have turned on the system using the default access system (switch on, call Sky Italia, get the box to talk to the broadcaster via the phone cable).

Dont need to import the dish, just the indoor kit, receiver/card.

Thanks for the help, now I already have a dish installed to receive Italian terrestrial TV and in addition I have a UK Sky dish, would either of these be able to access Sky Italia in thier current position or will I need to change their setting?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
dinosaurus said:
Thanks for the help, now I already have a dish installed to receive Italian terrestrial TV and in addition I have a UK Sky dish, would either of these be able to access Sky Italia in thier current position or will I need to change their setting?

Italian Sky broadcasts off different satellites, so yes the dish will need re-aligning - onto Hotbird 13E. You may also need a slightly bigger dish - the Hotbirds are slighly weaker than the Astra that Sky UK uses.

mkkid

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
That what ive read on digitalspy this year as well.