help!!!my altdvb can not capt all the frequency of channel

bokman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hi all
My Location
NORTH AFRICA /TUN
i have a huge problem
i have skystar 2 and it did not work whith altdvb(all version) the problem is tha it not capting all the frequency (it work with prog dvb and my theatere ) but i prefere altdvb because is the best i think but he did not work
and i use cable direct from disc
plzz any one have solution
:-worship

anishpsla

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
6 Feet C band in Insat 2E
8 Feet C band in Asiasat
75 cm Ku in Insat 4B
Kaon Receiver
Pentium 4 1.7 GHz
My Location
India
Yes, I am also suferring from the same problem. I think this is because of old device file for SS2. I am using SS2 H/W version 2.8A. It can only tune Ku low band vertical signal only. And can't use Diseqc. But I can watch all the channels using DVBdream. But we need to select the SDK device file on the first time opening the software. If we use the direct driver option then we can only tune Ku low band channels only, like AltDVB. So the problem is must be in device file.

I send a e-mail to the developer of Altdvb. He is in the process of new version of AltDVB. We can expect new device file for SS2. The exicisting ile is 2 year old. So we need new one for new H/W version. As per my knowledge, many people who have old version of SS2 can use AltDVB without anyproblem.

I like AltDVB very much because it's faster than any other DVB player. So I am also waiting for new version of Altdvb and new device file for SS2.

anishpsla

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
6 Feet C band in Insat 2E
8 Feet C band in Asiasat
75 cm Ku in Insat 4B
Kaon Receiver
Pentium 4 1.7 GHz
My Location
India
I am also suffering from the same problem. I have a new SS2 having H/W version of 2.8A. Altdvb can only tune low band Ku signals only. It failed to tune all other combination. Also diseqc is not working with Altdvb. I am using DVBDream. It can tune all combination of channels. But it's very slow for my 6 year old computer. DVBDream also have the same problem if we use the device file B2C2 direct. Then DVBDream can only tune Ku low band signals only. We need to select B2C2 SDK on first time use of the software.

I like AltDVB verymuch. Because it's very fast and good one. But the problem is in the device file. The device file is a 2 year old one. So we need new device file for SS2 for clearly forking AltDVB. I send an e-mail to the developer of AltDVB. He is in the process of developing new version of AltDVB. So we can expect new device file for SS2 and can tune all combination of frequencies of both C and Ku band.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I've had similar problems using that SS2 hardware version with Linux running Kaffeine. No driver exists as far as I know.

Luckily I still have an earlier SS2 card (v.2.6)

Llew