Help needed on type motorised dish

paul270872

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
South West Scotland
Hi

Help needed on deciding what type of motor, dish and lnb that would best suit the Technomate 1500ci+.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Gibertini 104cm and Moteck SG2100 would suit fine and the Smart Titanium 0.2dB TSX LNB.

Everything can be bought on Ebay from Germany, easy and fast and cheap of course.

RedAltoGL

Now leaving, thanks all.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LNB, Dish, Motor, Cable, Receivers all taken down and donated to a newbie.
My Location
London
Hi paul270872
If you purchase the dish that "Likvid" mentioned it is know as a 1m or 100cm dish in the UK.
regards Redmund

paul270872

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
South West Scotland
Would a 90 cm Gibertini do the job as i am not sure the neibours might not be pleased. What is the diffence between a 0.2 lnb and 0.3 lnb.

paul270872

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
South West Scotland
Hi

Just wondering if the Cryptik digital Horizon-Horizon Motors are any good and would be suitable with Gibertini 90cm dish.

RedAltoGL

Now leaving, thanks all.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LNB, Dish, Motor, Cable, Receivers all taken down and donated to a newbie.
My Location
London
Go for the Moteck2100, favourite with many members and had good write up from Sat Critics some time back. You might find the Gibertini is advertised as a Gibertini 85cm. It is 85cm wide and 90 high. For a few quid more I would go for the Gibertini 1m which is about 97cm wide by 104cm high. I doubt that anyone would notice the difference unless they measured it.
Red

erosennin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solar System, currently on planet earth.
My Location
The other side
paul270872 said:
What is the diffence between a 0.2 lnb and 0.3 lnb.

For the lnb, the lower noise figure the better, but since that figure is something that the maker of the lnb got from some special tests that include "dish+sat+location+alignment of the planets" you usually get the lnb that has performed better than others in independent tests and from the experience of others. Likvid posted a PDF in another thread with the result of one of those tests where the Smart Titanium 0.2dB TSX LNB outperformed others.

You can search for a more detailed explanation of lnb noise figures...