Help needed reviewing my install

subhi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dish this big |<---->| pointing at a satellite connected to receiver. (not to scale and cannot guarentee accuracy)
My Location
Scotland
Hi All

I have followed the extremely informative collection of articles in the forum, trying to setup my motorised receiver after having it in pieces in the living room for over a year :eek:

I tried finding thor 1w but I seem to have done something wrong and would appreciate someone reviewing the setup I have.

I have taken some pics of the install and placed them here
_http://photos.subhi.com/c1505208.html

I live in Edinburgh so
Lat:55:56:14N (55.93721) Lon:3:13:25W (-3.22373) (From multimap)

Anything wrong so far, or do I just need to spend more time getting true south aligned? (PS. Is it 3.5' or 7') difference between magnetic and true south in Edinburgh ?

Thanks!

Attachments

• install.JPG
    install.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 69

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The installation looks OK, although it should be the mast which needs to be perfectly vertical. If you have a receiver capable of USALS or GoToX, then you should be able to enter your coordinates, send the motor to 1W, then go outside and by moving the whole lot on the mast and the dish elevation bracket, find 1W. Do you have a satellite meter, or can you get a portable TV to somewhere you can see the screen?

I have uploaded you main photo, as it is better to have the photos in the post, not hosted elsewhere.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
If you have difficulty finding 1W, you can send the dish using USALS to 28E to start with then adjust the dish elevation bracket and swivel the whole lot until the dish points roughly where those Sky dishes are pointing and you get a good signal quality and the correct channels.

Once you have done that, you can send it back to 1W and readjust if necessary, to get is centred on the arc.

If the bracket on the wall is not plumb, it will never work properly.

Robbo:)

subhi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dish this big |<---->| pointing at a satellite connected to receiver. (not to scale and cannot guarentee accuracy)
My Location
Scotland
Nice one, thanks for the help, hopefully it'll be all tuned and sorted this weekend :D

tommo2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised/technomate receiver/dish 80cm
My Location
galway/eire
HI SUBHI Have the same problems . Could you give details of how you got on.
regards
Tommo2

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Why don't you post in your original thread tommo? and let us know how you are getting on.:)