Help Needed - T-rex 4.1 Cam Died

philengland

Reaction score
Hi there
My T-REX 4.1 cam has died :-doh! ! I updated it the other day with a file and it decided to stop working, my receiver wont even see it anymore!

Can anyone in the UK or Europe fix them at a small cost? I am willing to pay via paypal if needed

Hope someone can help

I bow down to anyone who can fix them or anyone who knows someone who can :-worship

Thankyou in advance!

PHIL

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
It sounds like the bootloader is damaged, this can be repaired using a Cas 3, and involves taking the cam apart and doing some soldering, or you can get van hoof to repair it for you.
Considering the poor support for the Dragon and T-Rex cams, even the very expensive super 4.6 model, you might consider investing in a Diablo Cam.

philengland

Reaction score
thinking about getting a diablo light cam actually

i would have thought the dragon and t-rex cam would have some support - and you would have thought that someone in the uk would be able to fix them!

bobbydee

Reaction score
I have a dragoncam with the same problem as you.I tried to e-mail a guy called van hoof but I am not getting a reply.If you receive a e-mail address could you pass it on and I will do the same.I have a mate at work who is a whizz when it comes to dealing with x-boxs ps2 and anything technical.I was thinking of asking him to fix it if I bought a cas 3 but they are quite expensive.If I do buy one and my mate fixes it I will get in touch but obviously there would be a charge towards me buying the cas 3.