HELP NEEDED TO RECEIVE 19.0e digital+ premiere and astra 2 0n 28.0e

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1600 ci, 80cm motorised dish,viacsess cam + art sports card
My Location
south lanarkshire (glasgow)
hi i recently updated my tm 1600ci i done a factory reset,put my channel list back in and d.m patch and sotcam keys ,my channel list has channels like polsat on 13.0e along with tps,srg,absat,etc i,m was origanally getting a bad signal message on screen but now everything is fine with the above sats, i,m even getting a picture on 30.w cabo ,but not really a good signal on 30.w digital ,on sirius 5.0 e i,m picking up channels,on thor 1.0 i,m also getting great pics with decent signals also with a couple of others"sats" the thing is i only use 13.0e, 19.0e digial+ and premiere and 28.0e to view some english channels like bbc1 etc etc but i cant even get a signal on these 2 sats and if i move the motor from east -west i still get nothing and its also knocking all the 13.0 channels i mentioned earlier off,even tho i,ve saved them something simple must be wrong but its that simple i,ve overlooked it, i dont know if its the box or sat but i have had a few problems with the box in the last week,and to my knowledge / understanding should this box not be saving hotbird,tps,etc when i press save,instead of getting knocked off when i try and get a decent signal on 19.0e ,28.0 etc? the sat looks okay outside but i really would need a ladder to have a decent look, another thing a guy told me to do was go to say 28.0e delete all the channels then goto auto navigation so i did that and was getting a brilliant signal back but it wasn,t the 28.0e i had i think it was showing italian programs,any help is much appreciated

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Send the motor to its reference point and start again, possibly a factory reset, as it sounds like the motor is lost.

Did you get all of these satellites before?

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
Send the motor to its reference point and start again, possibly a factory reset, as it sounds like the motor is lost.

Did you get all of these satellites before?

yes mate i did have all these channels before,how do i go about sending the motor to its reference point may sound daft but i,m stuck mate,i,ve put in other channel lists and i,ve not had any problems b4 last week i even had to revert back to dm,s earlier patch as i heard there was a problem with the tm 1600ci "the motor is lost,lol so am i mate" dont think i,ve had a decent sleep in days ,and it will probably cost me to get a satelitte engineer out that i know he was charging around £40 just to set my old sly dish to hotbird so any help again is appreciated:-worship

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I don't have a Technomate (well I do, but the linux version) and can't remember the menu structure, but there is a normally a section for motor controls. The motor should always know where its zero point is and sending it to that point should mean that you can start from scratch and find the satellites again.

Have you made sure that under the USALS motor control that you have the correct coordinates input for your location?

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
I don't have a Technomate (well I do, but the linux version) and can't remember the menu structure, but there is a normally a section for motor controls. The motor should always know where its zero point is and sending it to that point should mean that you can start from scratch and find the satellites again.

Have you made sure that under the USALS motor control that you have the correct coordinates input for your location?

thanks mate i just looked in the technomate 1600ci user manual and i,m none the wiser about getting the dish/motor back to its 0 point can anybody help please? as for the co-ordinates i think they are right but i,m not sure if they where put in correctly here they are Lat: 55:47:12N (55.78666)
Lon: 4:05:44W (-4.09561)
i guy told me to put them in as 4.9w and 55.5 n could you confirm this as i,m unsure about the longitude part thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Your longitude ahould be 4.01, not 4.9.

Hopefully a Technomate owner will see the thread, but it is always a little quiet on Sundays. :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
I have a TM1000.
If the setup is the same then it is the following.

1. Press Menu

2. Go to installation

3. Press > then down to get to Motorized Setting

4. Go to Motor Control.

5. Press OK

6. Select Goto Reference and press Ok.

This should take your dish to 0 degrees as marked on the motor, i.e your due south.

Just tried it on mine and that's what it did.

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
Your longitude ahould be 4.01, not 4.9.

Hopefully a Technomate owner will see the thread, but it is always a little quiet on Sundays. :)

sorry for nipping your nut again rolfw, but because of the decimal point or dot am i right in saying it should be put in as 4.1 or 40.1? or 04.1 sorry 4 acting daft but this is driving me up the wall ,honestly mate:-worship

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, I typed it incorrectly, should be -04.1. or 04.1 West

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
Sorry, I typed it incorrectly, should be -04.1. or 04.1 West

hi mate i got a loan of somebodys ladders adjusted the inclination on the bracket or elevation whatever its called now i,m receiving 19.0e digital and premiere now my only problem is that now the polsat 13.0 e has been knocked off,so when i try to move them or tune them in i get them,but its knocking the 19.0e digital and premiere off i thought i just got the decent signal and saved the sats but obviously i,m doing something wrong or the box may b donald dckd, theres a crowd nxt door drinking in there garden and its putting me off going up and down ladders pretending to know what i,m doing and trying to explain to them lol,especially when i support one team from glasgow and they support the other ,anyway i,m getting a great signal on 28.0 d but when i go to bbc 1 or 2 its saying no or bad signal ,apart from that i got 2 sats back and if i want polsat etc i,ll have to sit and tune them in manually not unless you guys have any other ideas to help which again is appreciated:-worship

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
henrikno7 said:
hi mate i got a loan of somebodys ladders adjusted the inclination on the bracket or elevation whatever its called now i,m receiving 19.0e digital and premiere now my only problem is that now the polsat 13.0 e has been knocked off,so when i try to move them or tune them in i get them,but its knocking the 19.0e digital and premiere off i thought i just got the decent signal and saved the sats but obviously i,m doing something wrong or the box may b donald dckd, theres a crowd nxt door drinking in there garden and its putting me off going up and down ladders pretending to know what i,m doing and trying to explain to them lol,especially when i support one team from glasgow and they support the other ,anyway i,m getting a great signal on 28.0 d but when i go to bbc 1 or 2 its saying no or bad signal ,apart from that i got 2 sats back and if i want polsat etc i,ll have to sit and tune them in manually not unless you guys have any other ideas to help which again is appreciated:-worship

Sounds like you have screwed up your dish alignment.

You should make adjustents to the dish when it is pointing at a satellite nearest to due south. Which in your case, the strongest sat is 5W.

Remember, you must only adjust the dish elevation. Do not adjust the motor elevation. It must be left at the setting for your latitude.
When adjusting look for maximum signal, easiest done with a sat meter.

I assume that you motor is set at the correct azimuth, since you had it working previously.

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Robbo71 said:
Sounds like you have screwed up your dish alignment.

You should make adjustents to the dish when it is pointing at a satellite nearest to due south. Which in your case, the strongest sat is 5W.

Remember, you must only adjust the dish elevation. Do not adjust the motor elevation. It must be left at the setting for your latitude.
When adjusting look for maximum signal, easiest done with a sat meter.

I assume that you motor is set at the correct azimuth, since you had it working previously.

it must have been ok mate,but the thing i moved was the bracket thing on the motor it was sitting round about 53 not sure if it was degres or what ,but i,m moved it to 55 and i got 19.0 degrees right away ,if i had and i would probably get it right as there was a guy from alsat and a guy from another forum who done most of the work, if it comes to it i,ll have to pay a satelitte installer i know but as i,ve sid previously he,ll charge a few quid ,also he agreed to fit it for 370 then came and seen it ,well you,ll probably know what a motorised dish looks like b4 its set-up "all the nuts n bolts and t&k brackets etc " so he said he had a sore leg ,and couldn,t go up a ladder but he would get someone he knew to put it up but they would take £150 an hour and thats well out of my limit,but anyway the 2 guys i mentioned done it for nothing and everything was fine until about a week ago,so i,m just wondering how much he"satelitte guy" will try and charge ,he,s got all the tools meter etc,but surely it cant be that hard getting it back to normal?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
1. You need to check that your pole is pefectly vertical, if not, it aint ever gonna work properly!

2. 55 is the correct setting for your motor in Glasgow.

3. Use your receiver to go to 5W with USALS

4. Use a sat meter (£10 from maplin) and adjust the dish elevation and possibly the azimuth for maximum signal.

5. Save your settings

6. All sats that your dish is big enough for and are not obstructed should come in fine.

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Robbo71 said:
1. You need to check that your pole is pefectly vertical, if not, it aint ever gonna work properly!

2. 55 is the correct setting for your motor in Glasgow.

3. Use your receiver to go to 5W with USALS

4. Use a sat meter (£10 from maplin) and adjust the dish elevation and possibly the azimuth for maximum signal.

5. Save your settings

6. All sats that you dish is big enough for, and are not obstructed should come in fine.

cheers mate i have got a sat meter somewhere from @bay the pole is vertical i checked with a spirit level,so i think it is the dish as you said either that i,ll have to take it down and start again rom scratch :-worship

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Thats good. Because once you have a perfectly vertical pole you are 80% of the way there.

( I spent about 2hrs getting the pole vertical and less than 10 mins lining the dish up)

Also you have to make sure that the dish is mounted and lined up with a centre line on the front of the motor stub. When adusting azimuth you swivel the motor round the pole and NOT the dish round the motor stub.

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Robbo71 said:
Thats good. Because once you have a perfectly vertical pole you are 80% of the way there.

( I spent about 2hrs getting the pole vertical and less than 10 mins lining the dish up)

Also you have to make sure that the dish is mounted and lined up with a centre line on the front of the motor stub. When adusting azimuth you swivel the motor round the pole and NOT the dish round the motor stub.

know something mate i think i swivelled the motor round the pole not far just about a centimetre ,but as you say its not easy ,well is to some people i,m lucky i,m getting anything really,the 2 people who did fit it done it 4 nothing so i got a couple of months out of it with all channels but beggers cant be astronauts lol i,m due a new house within 6 weeks so either way it,ll have to come down,another thing i noticed was that the pole isnt too solid i noticed that when the motor /dish brackets where screwed on tight it kind of bevelled,like aluminium,so nxt time i,ll try and get a "scaffolding pole" lol its learn by your mistakes mate one day i,l get it right cheers 4 your help

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
:eek: 1cm is about 23 degrees for a 2 inch pole.LOL.

Yes, scaffold pole is good. I have it for a washing line pole, nice and strong.

Oh well, good luck when you move. I'm sure if you set it up again step by step, you won't have a problem.

regards
Robbo