help needed with technomate 1600 2ci super

Messages
34
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1600 ci, 80cm motorised dish,viacsess cam + art sports card
My Location
south lanarkshire (glasgow)
#1
hi i received the technomate receiver today and the t&k brackets along with the motor so everything is here apart from the dish lol, anyway the person i bought the technomate receiver said the tm 1500ci wasn,t in stock and he gave me an upgrade to the tm-1600 2ci super series,he said it was patched and that i would receive the following channels MULTIVISION 1-8, TPS CINESTAR, TPS HOME CINEMA, TPS CINÉTOILE, TPS STAR,TPS CINECULTE, TPS CINEXTREME, TPS CINEFAMILY, TPS CINÉCOMEDY, TPS FOOT, TPS CINÉCLUB, EUROSPORT, CARTOON NETWORK, PLAYBOY, XXL, TV CABO, CINE5 AND HUNDREDS MORE ,but when i go to one of these channels it says "scrambled channel" is this because it isn,t patched at all? i also thought there would be a card slot on this receiver as i have an arts card for the football but now have no place for it to go, on the receiver it has something that looks like a card slot but it has something blocking it,but looks like it can be removed but i cant figure out how to do this,theres also a space for 2 cams to go in, this receiver has meant to have 5 built in cams VIACCESS , ASTONSECA, CRYPTOWORKS, IRDETO, CONAX, but as i said there looks as though there is a cam slot but its blocked but this looks as if the slot can be unblocked can anybody with the same box or similar help me out thanks in advance can anybody tell me how to patch this ,i have a null modem cable but theres no where on my pc to put the other end into after i plug it in to my receiver so i dont think i will be able to patch i will someone please let me know what this part is called so i can buy it for the pc ,i know its got 9 pins to connect the null modem to,any help is appreciated
 
Messages
39
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
TM-1500Ci+ Super - 1.5m Centre feed - 0.3dB Lnb
My Location
East Anglia
#2
henrikno7 said:
hi i received the technomate receiver today and the t&k brackets along with the motor so everything is here apart from the dish lol, anyway the person i bought the technomate receiver said the tm 1500ci wasn,t in stock and he gave me an upgrade to the tm-1600 2ci super series,he said it was patched and that i would receive the following channels MULTIVISION 1-8, TPS CINESTAR, TPS HOME CINEMA, TPS CINÉTOILE, TPS STAR,TPS CINECULTE, TPS CINEXTREME, TPS CINEFAMILY, TPS CINÉCOMEDY, TPS FOOT, TPS CINÉCLUB, EUROSPORT, CARTOON NETWORK, PLAYBOY, XXL, TV CABO, CINE5 AND HUNDREDS MORE ,but when i go to one of these channels it says "scrambled channel" is this because it isn,t patched at all? i also thought there would be a card slot on this receiver as i have an arts card for the football but now have no place for it to go, on the receiver it has something that looks like a card slot but it has something blocking it,but looks like it can be removed but i cant figure out how to do this,theres also a space for 2 cams to go in, this receiver has meant to have 5 built in cams VIACCESS , ASTONSECA, CRYPTOWORKS, IRDETO, CONAX, but as i said there looks as though there is a cam slot but its blocked but this looks as if the slot can be unblocked can anybody with the same box or similar help me out thanks in advance can anybody tell me how to patch this ,i have a null modem cable but theres no where on my pc to put the other end into after i plug it in to my receiver so i dont think i will be able to patch i will someone please let me know what this part is called so i can buy it for the pc ,i know its got 9 pins to connect the null modem to,any help is appreciated
Ok...

Press menu, select system info.
Does the firmware say 2.21 ?
If yes great, all you need to do is go to France 4 or 5 on 10873v, after a few mins it will self update.

You can buy a card reader (about £30.00) to go inside the STB, you will need to remove top cover to do this, it simply screws into place inside, plugs in to a connector you will need to break through the filmsy cover of the slot to then insert card.

Otherwise its buy a red viaccess cam and put in one of the slots (cheaper if you buy off an auction site)

If you dont have a serial port on your pc, you will need to invest in a USB > serial adaptor for attaching STB to your PC.

Other than that, chat up a pal whos hass serial port on their pc..
 
Messages
34
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1600 ci, 80cm motorised dish,viacsess cam + art sports card
My Location
south lanarkshire (glasgow)
#3
NitroB said:
Ok...

Press menu, select system info.
Does the firmware say 2.21 ?
If yes great, all you need to do is go to France 4 or 5 on 10873v, after a few mins it will self update.

You can buy a card reader (about £30.00) to go inside the STB, you will need to remove top cover to do this, it simply screws into place inside, plugs in to a connector you will need to break through the filmsy cover of the slot to then insert card.

Otherwise its buy a red viaccess cam and put in one of the slots (cheaper if you buy off an auction site)

If you dont have a serial port on your pc, you will need to invest in a USB > serial adaptor for attaching STB to your PC.

Other than that, chat up a pal whos hass serial port on their pc..
hi mate thanks for replying,i checked the firmware well i think its firmware it says model TM-1600 2CI SUPER
S/W VERSION 1.51 (NOV 24 2005) NEARLY 2 YEARS OLD
H/W VERSION 1.00
BOOT VERSION 1.30 (08:04)
CH VERSION NOV:2005
i take it this box need updated a bit? as it seems to be running on software from 2005,this box was meant to be patched but does not show the channels its supposed to as i mentioned in my 1st post, from what i can gather its not been patched,or has it? i will try and get a usb serial adapter tomorrow,so much for this having the 5 cams inside the box already,i,m running the box off hotbird just now as i have,nt got my motorised dish setup yet,when you said go to france 4 or 5 i didn,t quite understand, i,m new to this mate and i,m sorry for bothering you but could you tell me how to do this if you dont mind, i dont think i have to do this as i dont seem to have the correct firmware,so i take it i,ll have to get a serial adapter before i do anything? another thing mate is the red viaccsess the best cam to have or is there better ones,or will i just stick to the one mentioned ?after i do get a serial adapter how do i go about updating the firmware? any help is again appreciated
 

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
5,277
Likes
563
#4
Hi henrikno7,
NitroB means the channel France 4 on Hotbird, 10837 V 27500, if your receiver has the latest patch installed you leave it on this channel to AU, then you can view the TPS package.
After patching you might want to move your dish to Astra 19.2E, as you can currently get both Premiere and D+ packages, on this satellite, which give a lot of choice for films, sport, and general television with English soundtrack.
 
Messages
34
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1600 ci, 80cm motorised dish,viacsess cam + art sports card
My Location
south lanarkshire (glasgow)
#5
Mickha said:
Hi henrikno7,
NitroB means the channel France 4 on Hotbird, 10837 V 27500, if your receiver has the latest patch installed you leave it on this channel to AU, then you can view the TPS package.
After patching you might want to move your dish to Astra 19.2E, as you can currently get both Premiere and D+ packages, on this satellite, which give a lot of choice for films, sport, and general television with English soundtrack.
thanks Mickha, i,ve done what you said i went to france 4 on hotbird 10837 V 27500, its saying scramble channel on the screen,so i take it it does not have the latest patch installed? any ideas how i patch this,as the person i bought it from said it was already patched,but its obviously not, nitroB cleared up the card reader and cam points for me,now i,m just stuck on this patch part,i take it i will now for certain have to purchase a serial adapter for the pc? before i can continue with the patching part? any help is much appreciated
 

Rob

Regular Member
Messages
1,397
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
#6
If I were you I would take the 1600 back and ask for the 1500 you ordered.
The 1600 doesn't have a card reader only two cam slots, whereas the 1500 has the card slot you need for your Art Sports card, as well as a cam slot.

The receiver may well be patched but you need to update the soft cam keys every 2-3 days, although Multivision/TPS channels can auto update with the right software which you can get at Alsat website.

As for System Information it should read something like mine.

Model TM-1500CI+
S/W Version Darkman 2.21p (Mar 10 2007)
H/W Version 1.12
Boot Version 2.10 (8.10)
CH Version OCT:06

As you can see your receiver is NOT patched and has not been updated since November 2005.
 

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
5,277
Likes
563
#7
All you require for patching is a null modem cable, and if your computer has a com port patching is relatively easy, if your computer doesn't have a com port then a USB to Serial adapter is very cheap and easy to get hold of.
You might want to do as Rob states and return the 1600 for a 1500 model you originally ordered.
 
Messages
39
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
TM-1500Ci+ Super - 1.5m Centre feed - 0.3dB Lnb
My Location
East Anglia
#8
As already pointed out the 1500ci+ super in it natural state is better than a standard 1600D.

There are two versions of 1500 ATM, the super version has a faster blind scan, the non super a more sensitive tuner.

Overall all TM's with patch turned on do not like cams like Diablo and Dragon. Even with the patch turned off the Dragon is pretty unstable. I have tried various preditor versions, all are unstable in TM. I'm not too sure of the Diablo as I havent tested it in yet.

The patched TM's currently run faster those cam's do anyway and offer pretty much the same output, so unless you really need two slots its not worth buying a 1600.

Most dealers offer this so called "upgrade" as stock of 1500 variants sells fast.

Its not an upgrade, not unless the card reader is also supplied.

I would push for free card reader or 1500Ci+ Super
 
Messages
34
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1600 ci, 80cm motorised dish,viacsess cam + art sports card
My Location
south lanarkshire (glasgow)
#9
thanks guys i managed to get the darkmans patch installed thanks to you guys on the forum,all i need now is a cardreader or a cam i seen one on an auction site it just says "black viaccsess cam" and works with the art sports card,i also seen a matrix reloaded one,the first one was for £10 the matrix was £20, i seen quite a few matrix cams,but there is also quite a few other cams there aswell at various prices and theyre not cheap as you already know,i think i,ll just go and get the 1st one at a tenner, then i,ll see how things go,but if anybody can suggest one for me that would be great but remember i,m new to all this,will this current set up do me for now? i,ve got the technomate patched ,and if i get the cam at £10 to put my arts card in,then i should be okay for the time being although i still have the small job of getting the motorised dish put up,hopefully i,ll get that done over the weekend ,or somebody will do it for me,in the meantime i,ll have to make do with the old sky dish tuned in to hotbird,thanks guys any more help or info is always appreciated ;)
 
Messages
22
Likes
1
My Satellite Setup
not yet bought
My Location
spain
#10
can you tell me where you bought your receiver from, was it the guy on ebay
 
Messages
34
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1600 ci, 80cm motorised dish,viacsess cam + art sports card
My Location
south lanarkshire (glasgow)
#11
marcoo said:
can you tell me where you bought your receiver from, was it the guy on ebay
sorry for not replying sooner mate but yes it was the guy on @bay
 
Messages
12
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Tecnomate 1500 ci (patched)
Dragon CAM
CAS3+
1 metre dish
My Location
north east England
#12
Same guy tried to con me into updating to a 1600.... tried to screw extra cash as well.. did eventually get what I ordered..well worth the few days wait..
First class box.......
 
Messages
34
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1600 ci, 80cm motorised dish,viacsess cam + art sports card
My Location
south lanarkshire (glasgow)
#13
g6agz said:
Same guy tried to con me into updating to a 1600.... tried to screw extra cash as well.. did eventually get what I ordered..well worth the few days wait..
First class box.......
i didn,t really know anything about these boxes,so it sounded okay the way this gut put it across,he said this was an upgrade so for just £20 more he could give me the 1600ci,so i took the so called upgrade instead of waiting the extra few days as you did,the box was supposed to be patched but wasn,t also when i found out on here that this was more or less a downgrade i emailed the guy more than once asking about his returns policy stating i wasn,t happy and that i wanted the 1500 but he didn,t get back to me at all,so i still have the 1600ci and i got a cam for it,so its picking up most premiere ,d+ , taquila channels ,but its running very slow, when you change channels its not as fast as it should be i,ve factory resetted it but it doesn,t seem to be any faster so if anybody has any ideas on how i can fix this its much appreciated
 

jimbo

Specialist Contributor
Messages
3,482
Likes
1
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
#14
I take it the 1600 is the newer plus version rather than the old one. The technomates are supposed to have very sensitive and fast tuners.

As was said, the 1500 is a better model because of the multicrypt cam.
 
Messages
6
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish, Technomate 1600 2CI Super
My Location
Home UK, currently in Germany
#15
Hi,
Looks like I was another who has fallen for the 'Upgrade' to the 1600 model although I haven't been charged anything extra (I must add that the box hasn't arrived yet!). As it's being posted to me in Germany I think it would be cheaper to keep this box and buy a cam for it, All reccommendations welcome.
 
Messages
34
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1600 ci, 80cm motorised dish,viacsess cam + art sports card
My Location
south lanarkshire (glasgow)
#16
willjor said:
Hi,
Looks like I was another who has fallen for the 'Upgrade' to the 1600 model although I haven't been charged anything extra (I must add that the box hasn't arrived yet!). As it's being posted to me in Germany I think it would be cheaper to keep this box and buy a cam for it, All reccommendations welcome.
dont get me wrong mate i,ve not had any problems with the 1600 so far its been okay and i,m receiving quite a few channels movies,sports etc etc so i,ve no complaints really, i managed to get a viaccsess cam for £10 off a certain shopping site from where i got the technomate 1600 the only thing thats annoyed me is that theres a place for a card to go but as someone mentioned it doesn,t have a card reader can anyone tell me if i where to buy a multikrypt card reader would i be able to put any card in e.g crypto,viaccsess, nagra, etc etc thanks in advance
 
Messages
6
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish, Technomate 1600 2CI Super
My Location
Home UK, currently in Germany
#17
Well the 'Free Upgrade' Technomate 1600-CI Super arrived, patched with 2.28p, minus a power lead and instruction book though.
It's currently attached to a fixed dish pointing at Astra 2, current selection of channes not great especially as I lose the BBC channels whenever it looks like rain!
 

linsladeboy

Regular Member
Messages
86
Likes
4
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402HD
Gibertini 85cm aluminium dish
5 LNBS - 28E/23E/19/E/13E/9E
My Location
Bedfordshire
#18
I too fell for the 1600 upgrade from con artist on Fleabay, although I got a free card reader off the bu--er eventually .
I would not recommend 1600 if patching as it constantly has issues with updates compared to 1000 and 1500 series. You only have to do a search on Alsat and you'll see exactly what I mean.
I am seriously thinking of swapping it as I seem to spend half my time reloading patches 'O'-red
 
Top