Help needed

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
To all you clever guys

I got a mathematical problem which has been bothering me for a while. Every time I go out and mark the lines of the football ground I wonder which would be the shortest way to get all the lines done.

Anyone got an idea? :)

Cheers!

Attachments

• ground.jpg
    ground.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 32

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If it is based on cost

move the venue to a third world area.

Otherwise you will have to supply a larger diagram, and confirm if the paint dispenser can be turned on /off when rolling it across the pitch.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Try using a GPS T_G!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
waverider said:
Try using a GPS T_G!

Hello Wavey, nice to see you back, I have to confess I preferred your other avatar:cool:

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
arrrrrg Cap'n where's the parrot?

CH, it is not down to cost, it is simply something that i think of every week when I got to mark the field. I just try to find the most efficient way to do it, just out of interest.
The chalkdispencer can be turned off for sure, no problem. I haven't got a larger pic, but why would you need to? It is proportional in any case, and a football ground is roughly 100m long and 50m wide.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hiya matey :D:D:D

Crikey thought we'd lost you.

L>:)

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
There is a program made for salesmen

Showing how they should drive in a large district, just to be saving as much time as possibly

This could be working for You, sorry but I saw at YEARS back so I have no idea where to find it

However, I am sure that even a small basic program could calculate this for You.

Not too much to choose from :) Make the square then the goal and end it up in the middle:-rofl2

It is ( in a way) useless work anyway :) It will soon be forgotten

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Topper said:
Hello Wavey, nice to see you back, I have to confess I preferred your other avatar:cool:

Hiya Topper....Thought it about time I showed my face! :-bigsmile

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
T_G said:
arrrrrg Cap'n where's the parrot?

Heh Heh.....Wotcha T_G melad. Dammed thing flew off! I have a blond one now, don't now the breed but she keeps emptying me pockets instead of crapping down me back!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Lancelot said:
Hiya matey :D:D:D

Crikey thought we'd lost you.

L>:)

Hi Lance too many late nights working, restricted my pc usage mate!
Last two years been very busy.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
waverider said:
Heh Heh.....Wotcha T_G melad. Dammed thing flew off! I have a blond one now, don't now the breed but she keeps emptying me pockets instead of crapping down me back!

Blond bird, popular choice :-thumb1
The crap on the back stuff comes with time, once it got used to you and realises she canot change you, and especially when the gold in your pockets is running out. You might discover that it craps all over you and not just your back :-rofl2
This would also be the time you feel the talons for the first time, I just hope for you it will be your shoulders they grab :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Long as I'm not asked to choose between her and the boat, things should be ok! :-doh!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
waverider said:
Long as I'm not asked to choose between her and the boat, things should be ok!

Every man has his "boat"...:-worship
But enough of this :-hijack, aks her if she can help me with the question instead. Tell her that each junction of lines (of the football ground) is a shop, and she has to go into all of them in the shortest time and spend your money. How would she do it?