Help needed!!

Hi
Last september i spent a lot of money on sat equipment, but have been unable to get anything out of it. )(-red 'O'-red

My Equipment is a s follows:

1x Humax 5350 reciever
1x magic module v1.4(original) penta 1.09 loaded + programmer
1x smartmouse/phoenix programmer + cables
1x pic programmer
4x gold wafer cards
1x funcard 6
1x computer Windows XP (home edition)

What do you think i could be doing wrong? What software should i be using?
what files should i use? Do i have all the right equipment for the job? What channels can be opened on hotbird 13 degrees east?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :D :)

'~}Solidus{~'

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look HERE

rolfw said:
Have a look HERE

Thanks Rolfw! Sorry to be ignorant, but i did not find the answer to my questions on that thread. I would love to be able to take advantage of the newly hacked SecaII skyitalia channels, but i think i need a lesson in the basics first.
From reading that thread I realise that I may have to purchase a titanium card to be able to do that.

So if you can tell me what I am capable of doing with my current hardware setup I would be verry happy!

Thanks for replying so fast. :)

'~}Solidus{~'

My Location
devon
solidus said:
Hi
Last september i spent a lot of money on sat equipment, but have been unable to get anything out of it. )(-red 'O'-red

My Equipment is a s follows:

1x Humax 5350 reciever
1x magic module v1.4(original) penta 1.09 loaded + programmer
1x smartmouse/phoenix programmer + cables
1x pic programmer
4x gold wafer cards
1x funcard 6
1x computer Windows XP (home edition)

What do you think i could be doing wrong? What software should i be using?
what files should i use? Do i have all the right equipment for the job? What channels can be opened on hotbird 13 degrees east?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :D :)

'~}Solidus{~'

Hi m8. You dont state wot dish you have? Motorised, fixed? A good 6in1 will open hundreds on hotbird inc. tps. multivision ,etc. guitarman.

guitarman said:
Hi m8. You dont state wot dish you have? Motorised, fixed? A good 6in1 will open hundreds on hotbird inc. tps. multivision ,etc. guitarman.

Hi i have an 80cm fixed dish facing 13 degrees east, this is the problem ive tried doing the 6in1 but think im not doing it right. Do you know a tutorial to do that with my equpiment?

Thanks in advance! :)

'~Solidus~'

My Location
devon
solidus said:
Hi i have an 80cm fixed dish facing 13 degrees east, this is the problem ive tried doing the 6in1 but think im not doing it right. Do you know a tutorial to do that with my equpiment?

Thanks in advance! :)

'~Solidus~'
Hi again. Wot 6in1 are u using? i tried cardmaine the other day but it didnt open multi etc. so tried digitalis, works fine. guitarman.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
solidus said:
Thanks Rolfw! Sorry to be ignorant, but i did not find the answer to my questions on that thread. I would love to be able to take advantage of the newly hacked SecaII skyitalia channels, but i think i need a lesson in the basics first.
From reading that thread I realise that I may have to purchase a titanium card to be able to do that.

So if you can tell me what I am capable of doing with my current hardware setup I would be verry happy!

Thanks for replying so fast. :)

'~}Solidus{~'
Yes, your existing setup would work with a titanium, including the programmer.

rolfw said:
Yes, your existing setup would work with a titanium, including the programmer.

I would just like to say thanks to both of you guys for helping out!! :) :)

Sorry, i have one more question you said I need 2 get a titanium card, but i couldnt work out whether you meant that my current programmers would do the job or whether i would require another programmer. If so which programmer is best?

Also im still not 100% on how to programany cards, so again do you know of any tutorials to program funcards with a smartmouse/phoenix and the same for titanium cards?

Sorry to be a pain, but i just want to get something out of all the equpiment i got.

Thanks!!
'~Solidus~'

After reading my post again i realised I had asked more than jus 1 more question, but i hope you understand.

'~Solidus~'

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The programmer should work fine when set in Phoenix mode, you then need to download the Titanium Progger from our utilities section and I believe that there is a howto in the FAQs section.