Help on Technomate Models?

SK247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE 1500 CI FULL MOTORISED SYSTEM WITH 90cm DISH
My Location
London
Hi

I'm a totally newbie & need some help on what system to buy?

Decided to go with a technomate system but not sure what model i should get, i found someone on ebay selling the systems complete with all thats needed dish, lnb, motor, cable etc...

My main aim is recevie the channels that show premiership football but other stuff would be nice.

the systems are:

TECHNOMATE:

1600 2CI MOTOR, 90cm DISH £215

7755 2VA2CI same system £215

1500 CI same system £210

I first thought was to get the 1500 becos it was best entry level recevier last yr but not sure as the price difference is only £5 whether or not to go one of the others? (& don't really know what the difference between them are?)

Some advice would be great.

Thanks

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Hello.

Id get the 1500ci Super.. this maybe the cheapest but it always gets the latest patches out first.. its a nice receiver .. stay clear of the 7755 ..

SK247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Cheers, thought it would be the best one to buy,so i just have ordered it. I'm not 100% sure what is allowed & what isn't on this site so if there is anywhere to get certain things for the recevier could you pm them to me or your email.

thanks again.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
yeshi, why stay clear of the 7755 is it a bad receiver, was going to buy it as it has the extra cam slots and card reader

SK247, where you buying the kit from ?

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
sk247 you will need to get an rs232 lead (i think ) to link to your comp to up date the unofficial support good luck you cant really go wrong with a technomate at the moment m8

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Like the rest have said,you can't go wrong with the 1500.Like you i'm a complete noob to sat's and i've found this technomate 1500 a doddle to use,update etc

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
how could you say that about the 7755 it is a great machine had one a while now never gone badly wrong nice bit of kit.and it can card share aswell with the right software only done it a couple of times have the db for that but it is a good box.shame on you.

SK247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
wod said:
yeshi, why stay clear of the 7755 is it a bad receiver, was going to buy it as it has the extra cam slots and card reader

SK247, where you buying the kit from ?
Ebay, guy sells loads of technomate stuff & packages with dish, cables, cd software etc seems to be at a good price as well. jus seach for technomate and his stuff will come up hopefully get mine tomorrow or monday at the latest.

If i was to get someone to fit the system how much should i be looking to pay?

(taking into considerations that the kit i bought comes with everything receiver, 20M cable, dish, uni lnb, bracket & motor, cables clips, raw plugs & bolts...)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are in London, then anything from £100 upwards, it will depend on the installation site. You will also find that the L shaped wall bracket sold with these kits are not ideal for the installation, they are difficult to get perfectly plumb, limited for siting the dish and not as sturdy as the equivalent in T&K brackets.

I'm not that keen on buying these type of products from eBay box shifters, it is better in my opinion to buy from established companies who also have installation experience.

SK247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
I'm always weary when making large purchases on ebay & the positive to negative feedback is very good, as only about 5 out of 750 have had problems & the rest praise him so thought it was worth the risk.

guess i'll let u know when i get it.

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
you are better having a go yourself m8 it is not that hard you have all the support you need here and from other sites give it a go it will save you money.

SK247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
its a little more tricky cos i've got a loft room & installing a motorised system i think will be above my station.

Hopefully i'll get someone to do it £50-60 & i'll be happy with that.

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
it's a pain in the ass instaling a motarised system yourself but their is a major benafit in the fact that you know everythink about your system give it a go and spend the saved money on the next sat gadget :-doh!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
SK247 said:

I bet you will ;) :-lmao

If you find someone and they do it properly at that price, then by all means post their details here. :)

SK247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
rolfw said:
I bet you will ;) :-lmao

If you find someone and they do it properly at that price, then by all means post their details here. :)
We just had a normal aerial fitted by someone and his quote was £100 cheaper than most of the guys in the yellow pages. think he does as a side job or something but hes got all the equipment (meters etc) asked him about the sat system but he couldn't match or better the price i found so he told me to get it. spoke to him & his words were "we'll sort someiing out" hopefully i'll get the price down.

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
SK247 said:
Does anyone get out of bed for that sort money in LondonO-Ha
Have a go yourself,i did mine and found it fairly easy to do.Like everyone has said,the backup you need is right here if you need it

SK247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Hey got my system this morning & now i feel that the dish is gonna be too big for the front of the house. its a 90cm dish with a motorised system, i have a question would a smaller dish which is motorised be able to pick up the same amount channels?

mainly ones that show the footie.

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing at the moment until I find a receiver.
My Location
yookay
Yeshi said:
Hello.

Id get the 1500ci Super.. this maybe the cheapest but it always gets the latest patches out first.. its a nice receiver .. stay clear of the 7755 ..

TM7755 is much better than TM1500CI+

that is without any doubt!