Help please,,, trying to get freesat in mallorca

cosmicsun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
66cm dish on campervan with satelite reciever
My Location
mallorca
Hi i have just installed a 66cm sat dish on my campervan and have a reciever which i have tuned into the astra 2 satellite giving me nearly 100% reception and quality, it picks up 40 or 50 channels of rubbish and no freesat channels, can someone please advise me what i am doing wrong,

regards rich

ps my reciever is just a basic model , do i need a freesat reciever???

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum cosmicsun

I have moved your post to the Freesat section which is more appropriate.
You have not a prayer with a 66cm dish where you are have a look here at the 2d footprint focussed on the UK

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
cosmicsun said:
Hi i have just installed a 66cm sat dish on my campervan and have a reciever which i have tuned into the astra 2 satellite giving me nearly 100% reception and quality, it picks up 40 or 50 channels of rubbish and no freesat channels, can someone please advise me what i am doing wrong,

regards rich

HI, I think your looking around about 2.4M for reliable reception of Astra 2d but there are plenty here who can advise you who are close to your region.

You should be able to receive ITV on 12.402V, 27500, 2/3 as this on on 2B North beam. It's FTV mind.

SM :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
cosmicsun said:
ps my reciever is just a basic model , do i need a freesat reciever???

No you dont need a Freesat receiver - you will end up with far fewer channels than you currently have access to!

The problem with the BBC & ITV channels (which make up a good part of the Freesat line up at the moment is that they are transmitted on Astra 2D which puts a very poor signal into Mallorca (nice place - been there a couple of times :) )

As already mentioned you will need something around 2.4m diameter to get the Astra 2D channels in Mallorca - if not a bit more.

This is not practical on a camper van so you will have to make do with what you have .

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
Analoguesat said:
This is not practical on a camper van so you will have to make do with what you have .

or you will be the laughing stock of the island driving around with that thing on your van :-rofl2

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Astra 2D dish size in Mallorca is 1.5m see this thread.
Still somewhat large for a camper van though, but you could use it as a dining table when not watching TV..

Savcast

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MACOS 10.6
My Location
MAllorca
Hi, I'm located in Inca, and I'd be interested in getting british Freesat. Is there any directory where I could contact a specialized installer? I'm totally useless with this kind of things. Of course I'd like it all to be legal.

thanks