help please with motorised dish set up

MR-T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HAVE 1MTRE DISH USING LINUX SERVER WITH CCCAM 210 SATS I GET 45 EAST TO 45 WEST
My Location
scotland
First of all i would to say this is an exellent site and has many helpful tips,as yo have gethered i am a newbie so am hopeing someone can help me with my problem so here goes.
I have a 1 metre dish and also using a dbox 500s,i have installed the dish making sure everything is plumb,i have even entered mys longs and lats as follows Lat: 55:56:32N (55.94231) Long: 3:03:07W (-3.05195 which i have entered 55.90n and 0303w is this correct as i live in scotland ?
i have set the it up using atlanticbird 5w which i get a great signal which is 90% snr and also agc 90% and no ber even on thor 1w,but when i go to hotbird i get the snr 78% and agc is 88% and the ber is jumping up and down from 200 to over 350 and channels breaking up,but when i move it to astra 19.2 the snr is 82% the agc is 89% and the ber jumping from o to around 6 which is extremely a big difference and the picture is great and if i move it to 28.2e i get snr 90% the agc is 86% and no ber and the picure is great all round so no probs there.
Should i have started out with 1w as my ref point ?
I have been doing this for months now and its driving me round the bend been up and down ladder for weeks now and still not got it right.
Thought you only done this once lol fair enough also yo cannot predict weather,hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem as its driving me up the wall.

many thanks in advance

regards
MR-T
:mad::mad::mad:

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi Mr-T, Welcome to the forum.

I have edited your title to something a bit more meaningful:)

So to summarise, you are getting 5W,1W 19.2E and 28.2E OK, but not 13E, is that correct?

To be honest, that is a bit strange, as you must be tracking the arc, at least that part of it any way. Also the transponders on 13E are pretty strong.

My only guess is that your motor is not going to the correct position.
I assume you are using USALS/GotoX.
For a start, your long' entered into the receiver doesn't look right, surely it should be 3.05W not 0303W.

If that doesn't work, maybe you should try setting the postion with DiSEqC 1.2 instead. That should be a go'er.

I assume that you have the elevation scale on your motor set correctly?

and by the way, at your location theres not much difference for setting up between 5W and 1W, although 5W is just very very slightly closer.

Robbo:)

MR-T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HAVE 1MTRE DISH USING LINUX SERVER WITH CCCAM 210 SATS I GET 45 EAST TO 45 WEST
My Location
scotland
thanks for ur reply i have finally got my lats and longs sussed and the dish is also moving to the rite place now at last lol,i was getting quite a few sats even with the dish not being rite anyway thats all in the past now lol.
My motor is situated on a pole just above the gutter and on an alliminum pole which the dish sits above the t brackets,so now i am going to put it on the chimney and have the dish in the middle of the pole on the t brackets which will be more stable with the gales we get up here again i will use thor as my start off point.

many thanks for ur reply

regards
MR-T