Help Please

Robo4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1500 ci
80cm dish + dual LNB
My Location
UK
I want to buy a Satellite reciever and have been looking on ebay but every time i see 1 i like the look of i have second thoughts as i dont want to buy a reciever that is no good for what i want it for so i was hoping that one of you guys out there can point me in the right direction.
I live in the UK and want the reciever mostly for watching premiership football but films and XXX would be a bonus so any help would be great and when the Recievers talk about exstra slots for cams well that looses me completly.
Thanks all regards Robo4

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi robo4 and welcome.

A motorised system is always the best solution for our hobby and there's lots of information on this site.

As for the receiver I would consider one of the Technomates, probably the 1500ci. The ci means common interface and is in effect a cam slot. Cams slot in and hold cards which decrypt channels. In the case of the 1500, the cam slot can be flashed, that is re-programmed with software so that some channels can be decrypted without cam or card.