Help! Remote Control extender for DM800? Anything available?

Jonaswild

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Denmark
Hi all.

Im looking here for a solution to the excact same problem.

I have a DIGIALITY Maximum Remote Extender . It works perfect on my 7020s. But not on my my new 800

If anyone findes a solution, plz post it here.

Thanks.

patsy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dm800 dreambox
PC with Intel CPU Pentium E2200 DualCore CPU
My Location
Lancashire
Hi i tried a few images before newnigma2, gemini and pli, my remote seemed not to work properly as if the battery's were low even with out the extenders, i also put the newer original type image in flash.
I am using some maplins remote extenders, they are like a dome type shape called av master 200 (just looked on there site they don't seem to stock them now). i think its worth also considering the distance between the extenders mine is kinda next room with a corridor between. im not advising anyone to go buy these just saying that at the moment they are working ok on mine at the mo.
I was also thinking of trying something like the logitech Harmony 1000 or some kinda hard wired option. :)

gerard64

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000/DM500/DM800/UFS910/Nokia 9200
My Location
Netherlands
Becareful also with wired solutions. I use the Marmitek wired extender and that's working very poor as well.

What I did now is create a small program called DreamRemote. It shows a Dream remote control on screen which can be operated using the keyboard keys. Since we have a computer in the same room (with a wireless keyboard), we can now operate the box using a normal PC keyboard.

I attached it here.
Don't forget to use the Dreambox address like: http://192.168.1.xxx

For anyone having a computer nearby this can be like a workaround.

re2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dswedwed
My Location
wedewd
the method is strange but it works for me

1. Uptade the dm800 Ir drivers

_http://ptown-networks.ath.cx/ulc/docman/dreambox-dvb-modules-2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800-20090124-r0-dm800/download.html

2. (MOST IMPORTANT) If your extender transmitter has external wired IR LED replace the IR LED with standard green or blue LED and place it directly to receiver without IR LED cover.

I,m using 2079t/r extender

_http://www.dipol.com.pl/bezprzewodowy_przedluzacz_pilota_2079t-r_R94116.htm

and after mentioned changes my remote works in another room like directly to the receiver!:-righton

panosp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500, DM600, DM800
My Location
GREECE
re2000:

Can you be more specific regarding the IR LED "replacement"?
What was the original extender's LED color?
Was it red?
If yes, did you replace it with a green or blue?
How did you do that?
Why did you do that?
Are there any links we can follow?

Regards,
Panos

Jonaswild

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Denmark
Any updates on this issue ?

Cesar_dk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein UFS 910 HDTV
My Location
Denmark
I have an Kathrein UFS 910 HDTV and i have the same problem :(
My old Drembox works just fine with my IR ekstender.

gummif

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 600pvr
My Location
Iceland
Hi guys.

I found this old post when I was dealing with the same problem with my Remote Extender and my new DM600. I used to have an original Sky box and my Digitality Remote Control Extender (the one that goes into the battery compartment) worked perfectly with it. By the way, someone should get the Nobel Prize for that one, simply a brilliant invention. Anyway, I switched to DM600 and now it did not work. I don't know it is the same problem as with the DM800 but I read somewhere that those two use the same remote so it can't be far off. I tried everything, repositioning the receiver, changing the feqency (inside the receiver, A,B,A+B settings) and using the remote eye. I was able to get it to partly work but never completely, sometimes it stoped working and sometimes performed the wrong action. After trying for a few hours all off a sudden it worked perfectly?? I had set the freequency to "B" and used the remote eye placed about 1m directly in front of the DM and place the "spaceship looking" receiver out of sight. I think it's possible if the DM picks up transmission from both the receiver and the remote eye it will get confused, not sure. By this time I had been pressing every button on the remote icl. shift and DREAM/TV buttons and even SHIFT+DREAM,just tried everything.. This is now working perfectly??

Sorry for the long post but here is the kicker....

I now bought two more remotes for the DM to have on other rooms and put in Digitality transmitters and the remotes DID NOT WORK??? Tried directly to the DM and worked fine, tried the transmitter from the working remote and did not work. Tried the new transmitters in the original remotes and worked fine. So, only the original remote is working with the remote extender. I was stumped and pretty dissapointed because I really wanted to have more than one remote. I started to think that maybe the original remote is set to another level as talked about in the original post and was thinking about trying that out. I was watching TV and while I did I just kept on pressing every button on the remote in frustration and again with the two button combo of SHIFT+DREAM and after pressing and pressing all of a sudden the remote WORKED with the remote extender??????? I have no idea what happened but I now had two working with the remote extender and the third one did nothing with it's remote extender transmitter. Well, I though, what the heck..I'll try this again with the third one. I pressed and pressed every button including SHIFT and after a minute or so the third remote ALSO STARTED WORKING.... Eureka, I now have three remotes working with my remote control extender (you can buy as many transmitters as you want with these remote extenders).

The best I can figure out from all of this is that somehow the remote extenders were either learning to read the remotes (does not explain why extender from working remote did not work in the other ones) or somehow while the remotes are new they needed to be "smoothed" into working, I have no idea.

Another possible solution..

What did work for me from the beginning and could be a working solution for DM800 (don't know) is to get a remote extender like I've been talking about, this is mine: DIGIALITY Remote Control Extender - 36,00 EUR and then get a Logitech Harmony remote (make sure it's an old version with replaceable batteries, not rechargeble) and use the remote extender in that one. It worked out of the box without no problems for me although the buttons are a little bit different which is the reason I wanted to get an original DM remote.

I hope this helps someone..

Regards..

Gummi