Help required about Titanium Card, Xcam and Programmer

stuart1

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Hi All,
Please can anyone help me with info, I have an 80cm motorized dish (just installed myself) Topfield TF500CI, Titanium Card Xcam and a USB Programmer. I would really like to see all the normal channels, BBc1/2/3 ITV/C4/5 but have no idea how to get these with what I have. I also fitted another fixed dish which is set to Astra 28.2, can get BBC but no ITV/C4. What can I do with the motorized dish, what does the Xcam and Titanium card do for me, as the people who sold it won't really help, just said I can get extra channels (fine, but WHAT extra channels lol) I would also like to take the occasional peek at S*Y tv, as long as its in english (I'm located in the Channel Islands). I know this all sound like noobie stuff, but I cant find much info, would REALLY appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks Guys.

PS good site, friendliest and most helpful.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will not pick up any of the encrypted BSkyB channels with that equipment, they are encrypted in Videoguard which is not hacked, you will only receive the channels on 28.2East which are in the clear.

The X-CAM is a good CAM and should work well with the Titanium card, you say you have a USB programmer, which model is it?

You've probably gone about this the wrong way around, normally best to get the information on what you want to watch first, then find out what equipment you need..

A useful site, is www.lyngsat.com for list of channels on different satellites, also have a good look in the relevant sections here, Cam and Decoders, Cards and Programmers, and some of the encryption forums.

stuart1

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Hiya
The programmer is a dynamite programmer (I think) for the titanium card, what exactly can the card get me, and the Xcam ? I will put these in the receiver that attaches to the motorized dish and see what I can watch. All I really want to watch is the usual channels, BBC ITV C4 C5 etc, but I can only get the BBC ones so far. How come videoguard hasn't been hacked, there are a lot of clever people out there, and S*y make far toooo much money, about time someone did this (Im not clever enough!).
Also can I perhaps watch S*y Italia, and see the channels with the equipment I have, if so what sat do I have to tune into and what files do I need to add to my card.
Thanks again !