Help required updating XCAM

CB65

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 CI+ USB, 70CM Motorised dish, XCAM, Infinity USB Pheonix
Panasonic Freeview
My Location
Dorset England
I would be grateful to receive some guidance on updating my XCAM, It is a version 1.04. It came with a loader, which I believe plugs into the back of my computer. I’ve never used it as the CAM seemed to be already loaded and working.

I have downloaded a version 1.064 file. and I have downloaded an XCLOADER programme. Being new to this hobby I am hesitant to do anything I am not sure of for fear of mucking something up.

Is this all I need to update the CAM and what extra can expect from it after updating. Does the newer version require a titanium card.

radtv

Supporting Advertiser
Staff member
I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply, I posted a question a week ago about updating the version of my XCAM from 1.04 to 1.05 and after 1 week and 68 views not one reply!

CB65

My Satellite Setup
Panasonic Freeview
My Location
Dorset England
jessjosh

It seems to me that there is a lot written here and elsewhere about other cams but no so much support for the XCAM. I did spot this thread since posting mine -"XCAM wiped to virgin state".

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Got an XCAM myself, at present it has version, it has version 1.064, not really sure what it can receive, as I use it in the Dreambox with a Titanium.

The loading is pretty straightforward, you need to start up the loading software, then program the update file into one memory area and the softcam file into another, I'll have a look around for the readme/howto.

CB65

My Satellite Setup
Panasonic Freeview
My Location
Dorset England
Thanks Rolfw, I'd be grateful for any help and advice.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This may help, it is a PDF file.

Attachments

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
My Location
Manchester UK
Got an XCAM myself, at present it has version, it has version 1.064, not really sure what it can receive, as I use it in the Dreambox with a Titanium
RolfW,

When you say you use it in the Dreambox do you mean that the dreambox is decoding rather then the XCAM + Tit??. What are the capabilities of the dreambox??

Nis