Help wanted urgently!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sony & sony
My Location
somerset england
Firstly I’m a TV DVD etc novice -so take pity & any help much appreciated

…..My problem…. Just purchased a Sony 40 S3000 & a Sony HDMI DVD recorder (cheap one) & I’ve already got a Sky satellite (not HD or sky+).
I connected them all & everything seemed fine that is till I tried to record a satellite channel, couldn’t do it.

My set up at the moment is….Aerial into DVD recorder out to TV-
Satellite lead into sky box -
Gold scart from sky box to TV
HDMI cable from DVD recorder to TV

With this set up picture quality is very good but I can only record BBC1-2 ITV & Channel 4 on the dvd recorder when tuning it only picks these channels up.
Been told to connect a scart from sky box to DVD recorder Ive tried this & it doesn’t work in fact I lose sky altogether.

Im sure it’s a simple problem for most of you.

Thanks for any help.
:-snowman

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
the digibox has two scart outputs, one connects to the tv and the other connects to the DVD recorder. Make a note what the INPUT to the recorder is eg AV1 or AV2 or line 1 or 2 and that is what you will record from in the recorder menu.
OR aerial into the digibox,rf from digibox to dvd,rf from dvd to tv and tune the digibox to the dvd tuning menu.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, that was the solution, connect a scart lead from the Sky box to the DVD recorder.

Are you using the correct scart sockets on the back of your sky box?

i.e TV scart to TV, VCR scart to DVD Rec'

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sony & sony
My Location
somerset england
Roversloseagain here & yes we lost again last night!

Thanks for the replies did what you said & hey presto it works. Much appreciation from a nurd:-HoHo