Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500S
MGCAMD1.3+NEWCS1.6
Hacksat v9
My Location
UK
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here after reading vast amounts of posts on here. I'm completely new to this so bare with me. I had a DB500S that i bought with the RU image and mgcamd1.26 and hacksatv8 that was working fine, one day it all just crashed. So I have re flashed my box with Gemini 4.4 and then installed mgcamd1.3+newcs1.6 complete and hacksatv9, after updating keys I cannot clear any nova channels. When I change channels my router flashes and I know its connected because I have downlaoded the keys with hacksat but no joy clearing anything except some polsat. O-zzz

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gforce

P.S.- I think this forum rocks!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Do you have a Nova card? If not, are Nova channels open?

Have you tried CCcam?

Welcome to the forum :)

gjameson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500S
MGCAMD1.3+NEWCS1.6
Hacksat v9
My Location
UK
No, I never had a nova card. It worked when I bought it with no card and I just downloaded the keys through hacksat v8. Sorry that I am sat illiterate but from reading other posts it sounds like EMU's open locked channels by downloading the codes via internet.

Nova is locked Irdeto2.

Thanks for your reply MKU.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The hacksat updater will download the keys that are available butnNot all channels have keys for them. Are there publicly available keys for Nova channels?

Can you give the names of a few Nova channels for people to check?

gjameson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500S
MGCAMD1.3+NEWCS1.6
Hacksat v9
My Location
UK
I am not sure if they are publicly available or if the box was preprogramed for cardsharing. Some channels are NOVACINEMA1, NOVASPORTS1, NET, MEGA, ALTER.....

I will continue looking around to understand how this all works. thanks

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If it was setup for CS and you flashed it then you've removed the CS files. Did you back them up?

gjameson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500S
MGCAMD1.3+NEWCS1.6
Hacksat v9
My Location
UK
Yes I did a backup!!!
Would I have to flash my box with the backup to get into the file or is there a program that would allow me to go into the backup file and retrieve the CS files? Which folder are they usually in??

gjameson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500S
MGCAMD1.3+NEWCS1.6
Hacksat v9
My Location
UK

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You did a complete image backup using the Backup option on the Dreambox? Or you manually copied all the files to your PC?

If a complete backup you could try backing up your current image and then restore the old one. If it works either leave it or backup the mgcamd files. I don't use so not sure which these are but someone else may help you there; it may be

/var/tuxbox/config/newcamd.conf
/var/keys/newcamd.list

it depends on the CS server that you use with MGcamd (or so I read elsewhere).

gjameson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500S
MGCAMD1.3+NEWCS1.6
Hacksat v9
My Location
UK
is there any way of opening or viewing a backedup image without flashing it to the DB? I tried flashing it but the DB does not come to life, it just has a solid green light with the backedup image. The image is 7mb and I know the file is in there, this is so frustrating!

Gforce

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
gjameson said:
is there any way of opening or viewing a backedup image without flashing it to the DB? I tried flashing it but the DB does not come to life, it just has a solid green light with the backedup image. The image is 7mb and I know the file is in there, this is so frustrating!

Gforce
7mb sound a bit on the small side, what is the file extension on the back up? .img .tar.gz or whatever.

It sounds like you just backed up the config folders, not the complete image. If the file type is .tar.gz or similar you can use winrar to extract the contents.

If it .img you can extract but, i'm not sure how you would do that.

I've been using hacksat recently and have never been able to clear the channels you mention, are you sure you weren't running CCcam or something similar to card share?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
If you bought the box as part of a cardsharing thing, then you should be able to get the files from the guy who set the CS up. If you have bought it and suddenly "found" that the box was cardsharing, then it might be worth trying to fish the file. You should also have mentioned the cardsharing issue from the beginning.

gjameson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500S
MGCAMD1.3+NEWCS1.6
Hacksat v9
My Location
UK
Hi T_G and compufunk,

Sorry but before I started reading on here I had no idea about anything except how to set up a normal dish. When I bought the box they told me it downloads the codes from the internet. I had no idea that it was card sharing....i am just understanding the different systems. Obviously now i understand it was cardsharing and not hacksat! Hacksat was on my box so i thought it was the one doing the work. Sorry for any confusion...i appologize.

Compufunk it is an .img file, but from what I have read it has to be opened in linux with some specific program that i don't think i have the know how to do it. Thanks guys for your patience.

Gforce

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
How did you do the backup, and what program were you using for it?

gjameson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500S
MGCAMD1.3+NEWCS1.6
Hacksat v9
My Location
UK
I used dreamup backup button.