help with dbox 500s

MR-T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HAVE 1MTRE DISH USING LINUX SERVER WITH CCCAM 210 SATS I GET 45 EAST TO 45 WEST
My Location
scotland
i have had my dbox for almost 2yrs now and been working great until a couple of hrs ago,what i did was unplug it and put it in my lounge and watched tv for a couple of hrs so when i was finished i unplugged it again took it back upstairs and plugged it in and all i get now is the gp blue screen and nothing else also have tried the coax cable switched it off/on again but still the same can someone shed any light on this matter.

regards

MR-T

sorry if i have posted in the wrong section

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
MR-T said:
i have had my dbox for almost 2yrs now and been working great until a couple of hrs ago,what i did was unplug it and put it in my lounge and watched tv for a couple of hrs so when i was finished i unplugged it again took it back upstairs and plugged it in and all i get now is the gp blue screen and nothing else also have tried the coax cable switched it off/on again but still the same can someone shed any light on this matter.

regards

MR-T

sorry if i have posted in the wrong section

Try pulling out the power cord, wait few minutes and then plug it in again and see what happens.
It is possible that the LNB got damaged if you weren't careful about how you disconnected and connected the coaxial cable.
Are you using the same LNB for upstairs and downstairs?
Try taking it to the lounge again and see if it works there.
Can you access the menu or is it stuck on this screen?
You might need to reflash the firmware and then rescan the channels, if LNB is OK. In this case it is recommended to use PC with Windows 98 and with no cables connected except the null modem cable.

MR-T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
i have tried unplugging it several time but to no avail,also checked the lnb and all is ok could not access anything in menu's or the blue button.
so did a reflash and and scanned for all sats again and all is well again thank goodness i did not have to buy a new dreambox.

regards

MR-T

:-bighappy

MR-T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
thanks for ur reply but had to do a reflash and box is working again

regards

MR-T

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
if you need a dbox 1 .you can have one without cam,for 40€ including shiping to scotland!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Please use the correct forum section to sell items.

And just to clarify- a Dbox is not a Dreambox.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
MR-T said:
i have tried unplugging it several time but to no avail,also checked the lnb and all is ok could not access anything in menu's or the blue button.
so did a reflash and and scanned for all sats again and all is well again thank goodness i did not have to buy a new dreambox.

regards

MR-T

:-bighappy

Good. I am glad your box is alive again.:)
If you don't want to risk having this problem again, I would recommend to install another LNB, run another cable and buy another receiver.
Otherwise, just make sure that you shutdown the box comletely, pull the power cord (you would need to do this anway) and only then disconnect the coaxial cable.
At the other point, connect the coaxial cable first and only then connect the power cord to the mains.