Help with digital receiver

Noobie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lemon 030-CI
My Location
Belgium
Wanting to watch the Italian Tv I bought a Lemon 030-CI digital receiver; but now I see that even the usual channels scramble some of their programs when sending through satellite (the same programs are not scrambled in Italy, you can see them clearly).
I also see they use NewsDatacom or Mediaguard to this purpose.

Now I have pc's as my hobby, I know everything about them, but I know nothing about digital decoders, so I'd like to know what I can do to solve this problem.

I heard I should buy a CAM to insert in my receiver (it has two slots) and program it, but I don't know anything about this process.

Is there a place where I could read and learn something about this?
Which type of CAM should I buy? I heard there are many kinds of them, the one more expensive than the other.

And how do I program it? Probably I need some device to connect it to my pc. Wich one?

I hope someone will be so kind to help me getting started with this.

Thanks in advance, regards.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I don't think that there is any way of overcoming the encryption apart from buying a legitimate card.

Noobie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lemon 030-CI
My Location
Belgium
rolfw said:
I don't think that there is any way of overcoming the encryption apart from buying a legitimate card.

Which doesn't exist, because Rai1, 2, 3, Retequattro, Quinta Rete, Italia 1 and La7 are not coded in Italy, and you don't have to pay to see them.

They are normal channel to which everybody is entitled when turning his tv set on (in Italy of course).

I think it has something to do with Italy not wanting to pay copyrights for some programs.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is similar to the UK commercial channels, but of course here you can buy a FTV card via Sky to watch them.

Noobie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lemon 030-CI
My Location
Belgium
rolfw said:
It is similar to the UK commercial channels, but of course here you can buy a FTV card via Sky to watch them.

Thank you for your answer.
And do you know where can I get a little more knowledge about CAMs, cards and such?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Noobie said:
do you know where can I get a little more knowledge about CAMs, cards and such?

You're here - just check out the Forums - the stickies at the top of each cover the common topics.

The more time you spend the more you will enjoy.