Help with getting Ukrainian/Russian channels on Sirius2 & Amos2

My Satellite Setup
none at present
My Location
Peterborough
I am totally new to satellites and need some help.

I would like to be able to get Ukrainian channels from Sirius 2 and Amos 2. Could anyone suggest what receiver/dish/motor etc are required in order to watch as many of these channels as possible. In particular, what is the smallest dish I could get away with? My location is Peterborough, Cambs.

It would also be good to watch these channels in two rooms. What do I need to be able to do this?

Thank you.

Rob

My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Welcome newby, The smallest dish you would need for the Ukrainian channels on Sirius is 60cms, but for Amos it would be about 1.0 to 1.2 meters, a big different and I am talking about the smallest dish.
If you are worried about having a large dish you might have to stick with just Sirius.
If that is the case it might be worth you having a look at E-Bay, section Satellite Boxes/Receivers as they are selling Technomate TM-1500ci+ receivers with full motorized kit for £200, well worth looking into.

My Satellite Setup
none at present
My Location
Peterborough
Thank you Rob.

I am thinking about getting a high gain 1m dish. I am hoping that it will do the trick. And, I am definitely thinking about buying Technomate TM-1500ci+.

I also want to be able to get different channels (say one on Amos 2 and one on Sirius 2) in different rooms (for family members). Can you offer any advice how to go about it?

Rob

My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Should be able to get both Sirius & Amos with a monoblock on a say 1.2 metre dish with two lnb's, and of course two receivers, one for each room.
Would welcome more expert advice on above.
Rob

J

Jeff_19341

Amos 2 and Sirius fta channels received here ok on a 85cm dish. No sign of anything from Amos1 though. You could have a look at the footprints for those satellites at h**p://w*w. flysat.com.

JuMbuCk

Rob

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Well spoted juMbuCk, As all the Ukrainian channels are on Amos 2, there are none on Amos 1 which are mainly for Hungary, Romania, and the Czech Rep.
In fact someone in Cornwall has picked up Amos 2 with a 60cm dish but that could be pushing it a bit, and afraid I can't throw much light on Amos as I have a tree in the way and can't receive it at all.
Sirius is no problem as I pick the Ukrainian channels up with my 70cm, but reckon you would need a 85cm dish, but what we really need is someone who know's about using two lnb's on one dish.

EXPERT ADVISE NEEDED

My Satellite Setup
none at present
My Location
Peterborough
Many thanks for all the advice. I am thinking of getting 1m dish, two twin output LNBs, two receivers, two LNB switchers etc. I am hoping this will work OK.