Help with Le Mans Feed / Eutelsat 7E

Terrydlm

Learning Fast !
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-1500CI+ and
Technisat SkyStar 2 USB HD and
Humax Foxsat-HD and
Humax Foxsat-HDR
TriAx 80cm Dish driven by a Darksat Motor.
Inverto 0.2db Silver Tech lnb.
My Location
Guernsey
Hi All,

I have been all day to receive the Le Mans feed on Eutelsat W3A 07.0°E which is the 24 h du le Mans race.

The feed I have been trying (amonst others) is on freq. 11021, Pol. H, SR. 9874 its DVB-S2.

I have a SkyStar 2 USB HD so I should be able to receive it. I can receive other channels on this sat too.

Can anyone else see this in the UK ? I am really frustrated as I can't decide what the problem is. My receiver is brand new. I have just changed the satellite cable. I have re aligned the dish. I only have an 80cm dish so maybe thats the problem but then surely I would not recieve anything from that bird at all if that was the case. If you can receive this freq what is your signal & quality please ?
What are other freqs on this bird like in terms of signal & quality ?

I am using DVB Viewer Pro V4.9.6.20 along with Transedit 3.8.6.0.

Finally yes I know the race is being transmitted on the web which is where I am watching it from BUT i seem to have no luck with this Technisat and I am king of leaning on the dish being too small but I thought I would ask the gods what they think.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Terry
 
Feed transmission powers are often MUCH less than the broadcast channels on the same satellites - to stop the casual viewers tuning in! :D

Compare the feeds & tv channels on 10E whan you have a few minutes spare.
 
Its fta on Eurosport Germany on 19E - 12228H (in German)
 
I have not had much luck on there either! There is a feed for 10 east but I can't get either. I have been trying that one all day too.
 
19E is full blast even on a dustbin lid.
 
Got it here, in the UK, 2-Sat Hol89.
Other feeds have been mentioned, over the past two days, if you want to try them:
10 east
11184H 14400 dvb-s2 Main feed,

7 east
10997H 9874 dvb-s2 Studio feed,

5 west

11638H 7200

Thanks to William-1
 
I realise its on other sats but this is now a case of trying to work out why I can't receive this feed. You know how it is. You get tp a point where it gets really frustrating. Been having this problem for a while. IRL was on 22w earlier and could not receive that either even though I can watch other channels on 22w. I am new to the Technisat SkyStar 2 USB HD and was trying to work out if that was the problem or a codec problem or dish etc. Think I will have to put this down to the dish being too small. Oh well thanks for your input.
 
You need to have all the parameters set correctly for DVB-S2 transmissions, including the pilot on/off.

Chances are though the dish is too small. I use a 1m dish for he news feeds on 10E. Its too small as all the feeds disappear at the first hint of rain. A while back APTN were saying that a 2.4m dish was required to guarantee recpetion of their news stuff, so its no surprise the signals have no rain margin on my 1m
 
80cm probably is too small - Whilst ideal for 99.836% of viewing, I got a 1.1m precisely to give better results on Feeds.
 
Same problem that many users have using small antenna for feeds.For feeds, whose signal is variable, depending on many factors, especially physical,is necessary, as said Tivu, to have an antenna at least 1.1 m!!!But besides that, we need to have tuners that know any modulation and format type.Is, if you will, abc any user who wants to catch feeds.
 
Currently active Le Mans feeds on 7E are these (apart maybe from the first one)

10998,V,9875,34,8PSK TV5 Path 1 BISS ENCODED
11001,H,14400,34,8PSK Speed Host M (English)
11057,V,9875,34,8PSK F101 HD (French)
11069,V,9875,34,8PSK F102 HD (French)
11080,H,21500,56,8PSK Corvette OB1 (in car)/Corvette OB2 (garage)/Corvette Pit (looking down on pit area)/Speed Pit 1/Speed Pit 2 (both US commentary of pit area)/Speed Timing
11081,V,9875,34,8PSK 2-SAT HOL89 (Eurosport?)

11057V is strongest at 14dB SNR the rest are all about 11.3dB SNR using my 1.2m. 14dB equates to 98/100 on my card using Dream.
 
I hear Ant Davidson has broken 2 Vertebrae after a flip followed by a broadside.

Out for three months - could have been much worse.
 
Tivù said:
I hear Ant Davidson has broken 2 Vertebrae after a flip followed by a broadside. Out for three months - could have been much worse.
Indeed very nasty crash - and all that after the aero was designed to stop cars flying - here's a clue FIA, look on the underside of such cars rather than adding dorsal fins :-DOH!

As for the feeds, the 10E one was strongest by far and a very high bitrate too - but I had issues getting it with one codec (using a PC card). With the LAV Codec I had bad breakup, switched to Mainconcept and all was fine. For what its worth, the Eurosport feeds up here were quite weak and prone to breakup, especially later in the week. Fine on Wednesday but by Thursday they were weaker (57% quality or less on my Orbital 1m). Interesting watching the Speed TV feeds on 7E too, especially the 24h onboard feed from a Corvette - amazing :D

Terrydlm said:
IRL was on 22w earlier and could not receive that either even though I can watch other channels on 22w. I am new to the Technisat SkyStar 2 USB HD and was trying to work out if that was the problem or a codec problem or dish etc. Think I will have to put this down to the dish being too small. Oh well thanks for your input.

That one I did tune into and indeed recorded. With my 1m dish here, SmartDVB reported a signal quality of 90-96% for most of the broadcast. I have had issues on 22W but that was with my previous (broken!) Navigator #2 motor that started moving in even light winds. That has subsequently been replaced!
 
Back
Top